Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Back to 14 days.

Prior to announcements today or tomorrow the flight schedule from 16MAR looked like:

Rutas y frecuencias del aeropuerto de Ezeiza a partir del 16 de marzo
  • Addis Ababa – San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo – Addis Ababa: 1 frecuencia semanal (Ethiopian Airlines).
  • Amsterdam – Buenos Aires – Amsterdam: 4 frecuencias semanales (KLM).
  • Asunción – Buenos Aires – Asunción: 15 frecuencias semanales (Paranair).
  • Atlanta – Buenos Aires – Atlanta: 2 frecuencias semanales (Delta Air Lines).
  • Barcelona – Buenos Aires – Barcelona: 2 frecuencias semanales (Level).
  • Bogotá – Buenos Aires – Bogotá: 9 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas y Avianca).
  • Buenos Aires – Cancún – Buenos Aires: 3 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas).
  • Buenos Aires – Punta Cana – Buenos Aires: 2 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas).
  • Ciudad de México – Buenos Aires – Ciudad de México: 5 frecuencias semanales (Aeromexico).
  • Ciudad de Panamá – Buenos Aires – Ciudad de Panamá: 14 frecuencias semanales (Copa Airlines).
  • Dallas – Buenos Aires – Dallas: 3 frecuencias semanales (American Airlines).
  • Estambul – San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo – Estambul: 2 frecuencias semanales (Turkish Airlines).
  • Frankfurt – Buenos Aires – Frankfurt: 2 frecuencias semanales (Lufthansa).
  • Houston – Buenos Aires – Houston: 3 frecuencias semanales (United Airlines).
  • Lima – Buenos Aires – Lima: 12 frecuencias semanales (LATAM Perú).
  • Madrid – Buenos Aires – Madrid: 10 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas, Air Europa e Iberia).
  • Miami – Buenos Aires – Miami: 12 frecuencias semanales (Aerolíneas Argentinas y American Airlines).
  • París – Buenos Aires – París: 3 frecuencias semanales (Air France).
  • San Pablo – Buenos Aires – San Pablo: 6 frecuencias semanales (LATAM Brasil).
  • Santa Cruz de la Sierra – Buenos Aires – Santa Cruz de la Sierra: 6 frecuencias semanales (Boliviana de Aviación).
  • Santiago de Chile – Buenos Aires – Santiago de Chile: 17 frecuencias semanales (JetSMART, LATAM y SKY).
  • Zurich – Buenos Aires – Zurich: 1 frecuencia semanal (Edelweiss Air – Swiss).
Most of these frequencies now look likely to be downscaled yet again.... if the new limits are drastically lower than the number of passengers traveling today from affected destinations are imposed, then it could create a backlog of travelers abroad waiting to get a seat. If you have a flight anytime soon, keep an eye on it.

Hello, thank you for the great info about these flights

I am looking into booking a flight to Europe/Frankfurt or Munich for around April 15 next month
Last year I saw many cancellations/ reprogrammed flights
What would be my best option? ( regarding rebooking to another company, when a flight is canceled)
Almundo shows flights from Iberia, KLM for around 160K pesos, is this market price for the moment?

any advise would be appreciated, Cheers

We came through Ezeiza from the US this morning and there was no mention of any quarantine. Three people in three different lines, two of them native Argentine speakers, agreed that not one the immigration agents said anything about health or safety. And there were no other controls except for the usual aduana luggage scan. There was what appeared to be a testing site outside the exit from the airport building, but we didn't see any activity there.

Right now it's about controlling natives into staying in the country. The bank cannot afford to have people go spend dollars outside the county.

What I don't understand is why they don't let tourism in so those folks bring dollars with them. Even providing an incentive exchange rate to bring dollars would be good.

It looks like things have been totally locked down again in terms of travel:

I feel that non-residents/tourists are going to be completely locked out for the vast majority of this year.

It looks like things have been totally locked down again in terms of travel:

I feel that non-residents/tourists are going to be completely locked out for the vast majority of this year.
Yup I don't expect things to change before September-ish. Maybe some sort of exception for vaccinated travelers but will have to see.

The surprising reality is that most flight frequencies to US or Europe have not been cut too harshly from the reduced frequency already in force. Brazil now with only 14 flights a week allowed which is significant however. Given it along with Panama, Peru, Colombia and Chile are major international gateway destinations it also has the effect of pushing prices for international flights ex EZE higher. This strategy obvious focuses on reducing demand from outbound travelers.

If you saw the news yesterday of 44 Argentine students returning from Mexico on the same flight who all tested positive on arrival, I think it’s only a matter of time before harsher restrictions are established and a few more countries are put on the “suspension” list, especially upon the almost inevitable future news that someone is infected with some new strain...

The surprising reality is that most flight frequencies to US or Europe have not been cut too harshly from the reduced frequency already in force. Brazil now with only 14 flights a week allowed which is significant however. Given it along with Panama, Peru, Colombia and Chile are major international gateway destinations it also has the effect of pushing prices for international flights ex EZE higher. This strategy obvious focuses on reducing demand from outbound travelers.

If you saw the news yesterday of 44 Argentine students returning from Mexico on the same flight who all tested positive on arrival, I think it’s only a matter of time before harsher restrictions are established and a few more countries are put on the “suspension” list, especially upon the almost inevitable future news that someone is infected with some new strain...
I wonder how the 44 students managed to all produce negative PCR tests before flying?

Back