Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

My precaria expires on August 12. If I can’t get make it back to Argentina by then, I will lose my residency status!!

My precaria expires on August 12. If I can’t get make it back to Argentina by then, I will lose my residency status!!

This is another reason we keep putting off leaving. Our visas are up for annual renewal in Sept and I don't trust that I could leave between now and then and make it back without any sort of headaches. The timing is terrible

mine just got renewed until sept, but i already have a ticked booked on united for mid july so i figure at least i have a better chance of getting onto a flight that is ultimately approved. i cant envision having to stay outside the country for many months.

It's 2020 all over again. Hopefully those travelling are only doing it for work and emergencies.. people travelling for tourism should be banned.

It appears that due to this latest DNU (Art. 1) the entry of direct foreign national family members (children, parents, spouses, partners etc) has also been suspended. Meaning that until 09JUL at least, entry only allowed for Argentine citizens or residents. Anyone have more information on this?

This is correct. Confirmed it with the consulate here.
We had been meaning to travel tomorrow night, but now our newborn cannot travel to Argentina.
That she is 3 months old, and entire family is argentino, is irrelevant.
This effectively deep-sixed our travel plans.

This is correct. Confirmed it with the consulate here.
We had been meaning to travel tomorrow night, but now our newborn cannot travel to Argentina.
That she is 3 months old, and entire family is argentino, is irrelevant.
This effectively deep-sixed our travel plans.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that (but congrats on the new addition to the family!)
Is there any way you can apply for Argentine nationality or residency for your newborn while abroad? Or it would likely take longer than the restrictions are likely to last in the first place?

Update:
Just saw AA has the following flights approved (11 approved out of 33 scheduled...) - the rest are cancelled between 01-12JUL:
  • MIA - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 JUL
  • JFK - 11 JUL
  • All DFW flights cancelled

Last edited:
Ouch. Sorry to hear that (but congrats on the new addition to the family!)
Yeah/thanks.

Is there any way you can apply for Argentine nationality or residency for your newborn while abroad? Or it would likely take longer than the restrictions are likely to last in the first place?

Where we live there is no apostille - so in order to travel, the birth certificate had to be legalized by the Argentine consulate here. Turns out that because of a misspelling on my wife’s birth certificate, they wouldn’t do nacionalidad por opción. They recommended we do it once we got to Argentina, which of course now won’t happen for the foreseeable future.

Email migraciones under the "Canal Unica" link. They will renew your precaria.

American just cancelled their flight tomorrow night from Dallas. I'm sure most of the passengers had already paid a considerable amount to get a pcr test that will probably be invalid by the time they are rebooked and fly. How completely insane to implement this type of policy in such a short period of time. Can this govt get any worse?
I don't disagree with you but Argentina isn't alone in this insanity right now. It's become a political action above a medical, public health action in many other places too.

About a year ago I was locked down in Buenos Aires but feeling the country had the right idea and was up there amongst New Zealand and South Korea etc. Now, well, it seems to me decisions are 70% to wrongfoot the opposition, 20% to try not lose too many votes in the forthcoming election and 10% public health. But they are not alone. Even a "serious" country like Germany is making decisions on the fly and their citizens are scrambling around to get out/back before various deadlines. I don't think you can call the UK a serious country any more since it voted, five years ago, to commit economic suicide and their covid regulations are so complicated and ever-changing that even their Health Secretary couldn't follow them. (Political joke - you don't have to laugh.) The rest of Europe continues to argue about whether they are going to take concerted action whilst each taking individual action whilst chuckling over the UK traffic-light system which goes Red, Amber, Green and Sort-of-Greenish. And whenever the UK government announces new countries added to the "Green" list, those countries go and add the UK to their red list.

Honestly, it's not just Argentina: it's an absolute shit-show elsewhere too

And just about everyone thought Pensador was behaving like a nut when he declared his position and took his stance.

(I have read a lot of his and others previous posts.)

Smart guy. Just decided to shelter in place and lay low avoiding the nuttiness around him.

Pensador gets the last laugh.

Back