Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Here we go again with the unpleasantness. My comment was ironic. Sorry you missed that. Is there a language barrier? You said that international airlines fly to Venezuela. Seems just COPA from what you say. Sounds as though airlines have indeed abandoned Venezuela if there is only one - and why couldn't that happen here?

Once foreign airlines are driven out by this government's insane flip-flopping regulations, Aerolineas will reign supreme. Long live La Campora....!

I think the government will relent. They love to use their power but before long I think they will realize that this can't go on.

the US won't allow them to drive the competition out completely. they already threatened them once to take away permissions to land and i am sure they would play that card again if they see too much unfair competition

I saw an article that there was taxis and buses taking people from the Iguazu area to ASU to catch international flights out.
me too. And Asuncion. Plus el Palomar private trips, a little expensive but not crazy.

Here we go again with the unpleasantness. My comment was ironic. Sorry you missed that. Is there a language barrier? You said that international airlines fly to Venezuela. Seems just COPA from what you say. Sounds as though airlines have indeed abandoned Venezuela if there is only one - and why couldn't that happen here?
Unpleasantness? My post was entirely congratulatory, didn't you see that? I guess you are seeing a language barrier, though for the life of me I can't imagine where it might be.

FWIW, Copa and Turkish Airlines are both on the international flights list today for Maiquetia, possibly there are more on different weekdays, so I guess the rest of your argument falls flat too. Oh well. Anyway, enough about Venezuela, I introduced it as an example, not as a bone of contention. Back to Argentina :)

It appears that the limit of 600 would be maintained however the government will authorize some special repatriation flights for those stranded (effectively increasing the amount of daily arrivals) Details on who would qualify for repatriation, how, where and when are all still up in the air.

In the worst case, there appear to be frequent scheduled raft crossings between Bolivia and Argentina up Salta way that don’t count as part of this 600 for anyone looking at ViruViru or Cochabamba as options... just not sure if you earn miles or can use upgrade certificates on those however ;)

It appears that the limit of 600 would be maintained however the government will authorize some special repatriation flights for those stranded (effectively increasing the amount of daily arrivals) Details on who would qualify for repatriation, how, where and when are all still up in the air.

In the worst case, there appear to be frequent scheduled raft crossings between Bolivia and Argentina up Salta way that don’t count as part of this 600 for anyone looking at ViruViru or Cochabamba as options... just not sure if you earn miles or can use upgrade certificates on those however ;)

[/QUOTE

Argentina Raises International Passenger Entry Limits, Yet to Announce New Figures

Back