Rental Increases In Usd

In a dollar contract if the Dollar Goes up you feel cheated, IF the dollar goes down below $5,30 should the rent GO UP....??

Not just NO, but Hell NO: one year advance payment.
Also, they now have something like " completion bond insurance" to replace garantia. Protects both parties and was relatively inexpensive. Will see if I can find the piece.
Once again HELL NO

In lieu of garantia

Insurance for compliance, tenant and landlord

http://www.perfil.com/sociedad/Alquileres-lanzan-un-seguro-para-inquilinos-que-no-pueden-pagar-20130609-0025.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.perfil.com/sociedad/Alquileres-lanzan-un-seguro-para-inquilinos-que-no-pueden-pagar-20130609-0025.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

It's not anyone's business how much someone decides to pay on rent, I pay a lot but I also live in a fabulous apartment that makes me happy, and don't really care how much of a saving I could make if I lived somewhere else. If you are paying in USD then the second year increase shouldn't apply - my landlord told me that the rent would increase because of inflation but I argued that I am paying in USD so it shouldn't apply and she reluctantly agreed. Also, paying a huge slab upfront is not a stupid idea, it gives you some extra bargaining power, I negotiated the monthly rent down by 25% that way - and a lot more considering how much the aussie dollar has dropped since then.

It's not anyone's business how much someone decides to pay on rent, I pay a lot but I also live in a fabulous apartment that makes me happy, and don't really care how much of a saving I could make if I lived somewhere else. If you are paying in USD then the second year increase shouldn't apply - my landlord told me that the rent would increase because of inflation but I argued that I am paying in USD so it shouldn't apply and she reluctantly agreed. Also, paying a huge slab upfront is not a stupid idea, it gives you some extra bargaining power, I negotiated the monthly rent down by 25% that way - and a lot more considering how much the aussie dollar has dropped since then.

You are absolutely correct, but if you are going to throw it out there on a public message board, then you should expect comments regarding whether it is too much, a good idea, etc.

So I think we've answered the question about the increase in the second year being a firm no.

But on a side not I'd like to see what $900 - $1100 USD could get you in other countries, especially in Europe.

I am sorry you guys sound so cheap. $900 gets you Hilton ? for 3 nights maybe. before tax. Have you seen the prices on craigslist or the rental prices on the windows of real estate office. If you stay in Buenos Aires for 2 years, and paying $900 dollars, it's not bad. Things are so expensive here at restaurants and other places, why try to save $300 and stay at crappy place and cheapen your experience here, after you paid $$ to fly here ? Unless you like to live here on a long term base. Cheap apartments bring you cheap experience, I have done it all .. when you take shower, water suddenly gets cold or hot, you hear people make love from above and below. Bathroom sink is about the same size as the ones on the airplane .. the list can go on and on ..
If you are from US or Euorope, $900 is not much $, only good for a few useless tires in California.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]$900 actually gets you a lot in Berlin (1st world)[/background]

you should go into real estate consulting! Can you find a one bedroom for me for $2500.......

I pay 2300 pesos for a temporal place, one bedroom, all in, as long as I'm looking for a flat to buy. No deposit, no raise of rent, no screw-issues. the owner is from Uruguay, that could explain a lot.

I know a few local young girls, they do not have fancy jobs, just teach Spanish here and there, and they pay 3000-4000 pesos/month in Palermo Sohoa, very average plain studio or one bedroom. So for someone who just gets here, what kind of apartment you can get for $300 dollars ? for a young woman like Katiem who needs a safe and comfortable place ?

Back