Rentista Visa Questions

I used Lorena 10 years ago for my rentista visa also and had the same experience. She's the best.

Lorena is good for rentista visa. I also heard she can assist in securing a **job** by a institution here to get a work permit for 3 years to qualify as residency. Only think you have to pay equivalent of minimum salary and the taxes on it yourself to the company sponsoring you.

Having said that, the main problem with Lorena is that she always said ( at least in 2008), when I met her " you need to be a permanent resident first and then wait for 2 years to apply for citizenship " - a total of 5 years. This makes me question her integrity and best interests for the client.

In this sentence of my previous post, "I had the attorney who wrote the original trust send a copy of it with a cover letter confirming the vapidity of the trust, the monthly income, and the names of the bank and the brokerage," "vapidity" should be "validity" and an attorney may not be necessary to set up a trust.

Also, since using (and paying) an attorney or agency is not required to get temporary residency it doesn't make much sense to pay almost $2000 USD for their services, especially when "PatriciaFromUruguay" will go to migraciones with anyone who isn't confident of their ability to speak Castellano well enough, and only "charge" $100 USD to translate and (at least in my case) answer a tough question or two that could have delayed or derailed the process.

Thanks everyone! This is all really helpful. Yes, I'd prefer to avoid spending $2k more than I have to - that's nearly 3 months of income, and a trust costs money to set up -, and my Castellano is good enough to navigate Migraciones, it's just the lack of official information is highly frustrating. This forum is easily the best resource I've found, especially as the 'Information' people can't hide their annoyance that doing their job might interrupt their Whatsapp conversation.

I'm returning to England for a visit from September to December, so I'm trying to get as many of my ducks in a row as possible - my Ma has a meeting with her solicitor this week anyway around unrelated things, and will be enquiring about trust set ups and trust fees.

I'm returning to England for a visit from September to December, so I'm trying to get as many of my ducks in a row as possible - my Ma has a meeting with her solicitor this week anyway around unrelated things, and will be enquiring about trust set ups and trust fees.

I suggest going to the bank first and asking how to open a trust account (that you otherwise cannot control) that will "guarantee" to pay out (at least at the present income requirement) the equivalent of $8000 peos (calculated at the official rate) per month for three years.

I second what Steve wrote about using an attorney. I can only speak for myself and the offer I received. I have no opinion on other's choices. But the attorney I visited quoted me $1,500 for the first year, then $750 for years 2 and 3, for a total of $3,000. Of course, paid out over 2 years, the present value would be slightly less, but not much. This is still a decent amount of money.

I would suggest that anyone thinking of using an attorney consider the cost over the entire process.

As I looked over the project, I realized that the attorney's work would only comprise about 10% of the effort. I had to procure all my own documents, get it all down here, fill out all the forms, visit all the offices, pay all the fees. In other words, the amount of work that was being outsourced for $3K was about 10% and I was still assuming 90% of the workload. No thanks.

Now that I almost have everything in order, re-application in years 2-3 will be a cinch (provided nothing changes on the legal side). Also, I negotiated with the US attorney that my fee includes a similar inome verification letter for future years. So the small payment I make today will be the only one.

Admittedly, I have stepped in a pothole or two along the way. Nothing serious, but it has taken some time and effort to untie a few knots in my application. I can appreciate the time and energy savings that one would render from the use of an attorney. Different people, different choices.

Yes, I don't mind taking more time - I'm not in a huge rush to get it sorted, but I'd like to get the process started as I realise it can be long. But my thinking is similar, the majority of the work will be setting up the proof on the England side, the legalization, the translation..... and yes the physical going to migraciones. It seems absurd to pay $2k for that! I'd have to mess up and have to resend documents several times over before it broke even, and I'd rather spend time than money right now.

Back