Replacing a lost DNI for a foreigner

Fettucini

Registered
Has anyone tried to replace a lost DNI?
I'm trying to get a turno on the website http://turnos.mininterior.gov.ar/turnosWeb/ but it won't accept my DNI number for some reason. I'm wondering if it's because I'm a foreigner with a DNI instead of a national. Would have thought it would be the same though, but maybe it's a different process for replacing lost DNI's for foreigners?
Any help much appreciated as i need to replace the DNI asap.. already have the police document.

I'm a permanent resident and when I had to replace my old DNI booklet with the new plastic card last year (I was holding out until the last possible minute until they forced me as the old booklet wouldn't be valid anymore) I went in and although they said it would only take a few weeks, it took 2 months. There was some problem with their computer system and they said it caused many to be late.

But I think they worked out the kinks so I don't think it should take more than 2 weeks. Things definitely are more efficient vs. years ago. They didn't have the express 24 hour option but when my wife did hers I think it only took about 2 weeks to get her new DNI.

Migraciones and banks are light years ahead today vs. a few years ago.

Getting your DNI is not faster right now. High volumes seem to be the reason, but two foreigners I know recently had to wait 2-3 months for their DNI which came in the last couple of weeks.

Edit: additional potential reason, I was told by a lawyer that immigration is operating at a lower capacity of staff as a result of protests.

Getting your DNI is not faster right now. High volumes seem to be the reason, but two foreigners I know recently had to wait 2-3 months for their DNI which came in the last couple of weeks.

Edit: additional potential reason, I was told by a lawyer that immigration is operating at a lower capacity of staff as a result of protests.

But was this for a totally new DNI or renewal/replacement? I think renewals or to replace your DNI is much quicker vs. getting it for the first time.

When I got my DNI presently I was given a document in case it was lost or stolen my filed it. With that document I am supposedly able to get a new one if I need it. Did you receive such a document?

But was this for a totally new DNI or renewal/replacement? I think renewals or to replace your DNI is much quicker vs. getting it for the first time.

One was a new DNI through convivencia, the other was a renewal.

If you are worried, see an immigration lawyer who may be able to expedite it.

Migraciones and banks are light years ahead today vs. a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

They must have been unspeakably bad in the past then. My argentine bank is pre big bang still. Mind bogglingly bad.

Back