Residencia Help! 3 Yrs Here & Cant Find Way To Be Permanent

I found Gabriel Celano recommended as an immigration attorney in these forums. I only consulted him once because that was all that I needed, but I found him responsive and I thought his advice was very helpful. http://www.celano.com.ar/Home.html

I thought that you could apply for permanent residency when renewing your temp resident visa for the 3rd year? If so you might have time to apply… I hope I'm not wrong!

Gabriel is who I used to get my residency, and I know a number of other people who have used him, not a single complaint from anyone I know.

I thought that you could apply for permanent residency when renewing your temp resident visa for the 3rd year? If so you might have time to apply… I hope I'm not wrong!

I think it has to do with under what program you were doing the temp residency. There is a thread Immigration for Dummies (sticky in the Newcomers forum I think) that I believe has some of that information in it. Seems like it's something like student temp visas are OK for converting, but maybe work visas aren't, or something like that.

Im pretty sure if you have been living and working in Argentina legally for the past three years, it wont be hard to get permanent residency. As long as AFIP has your tax records for the past three years you should be able to apply. I would consult wiht a lawyer but I think youve proven that you wont be a burden to the state.

I have to say that commenting on her physical appearance is really kind of gross. It's sexist and rather demeaning.

feedback-birds.jpg

Please don't label me, you will notice everyone is depicted as a bird.

I think it has to do with under what program you were doing the temp residency. There is a thread Immigration for Dummies (sticky in the Newcomers forum I think) that I believe has some of that information in it. Seems like it's something like student temp visas are OK for converting, but maybe work visas aren't, or something like that.

Everything I've read indicates that a student temp visa cannot become permanent, but a resident visa based on work can...on the third renewal.

Of course the "catch" may be having a (new) work contract to present for the third renewal. If that's the case it might be possible to find a sympathetic expat who has a business that can hire foreigners to "help" out, even if the new "job" only lasts long enough to qualify for the permanent residency.

PS: I would not think it sexist if a very attractive woman approached me and said, "Hey handsome, I hear you have permanent residency and you're lookin' to get hitched."

I'd just say, "Saddle up."
emo32.gif

Celano seems friendly but he is defending my wealthy expat neighbor who caused extensive water damage to several units in my building causing, among other things, mold and health issues for residents, including a small child for a period of years. No responce to cartas de documentos, no-shows at mediation twice, s/o in the entourage bribing city inspectors, forcing my lower-middle class neighbors to hire lawyers and go to court to recoup losses, instead of being reasonable. (I guess they're banking on the assumption that that people such as a Malvinas veteran and a Ukrainian immigrant don't have the funds/connections/sophistication to take it to court.)

Someone who did their residency with him also told me he was 'flojo'. Just an individual ancedote, but it would be nice to promote professionals who have the kind of ethical standards we'd all like to encourage in this increasingly lawless society instead of just basing it on criteria such as 'he speaks good English'.

I found Gabriel Celano recommended as an immigration attorney in these forums. I only consulted him once because that was all that I needed, but I found him responsive and I thought his advice was very helpful. http://www.celano.com.ar/Home.html

Another thumbs' up for Gabriel, and all of our dealings with him were in Spanish. He got my husband legal residency where so many others had failed for so many ridiculous reasons!

Back