Residencia Help! 3 Yrs Here & Cant Find Way To Be Permanent

If they say IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION: He will evaluate what is the Minimum on individual bases, then that will supersede the $8000 pesos specification. $8000 pesos will have no meaning now and wouldn´t have had any meaning when the Dollar was 4 pesos.

Did you edit you post and add this after I quoted the original post? I'm not in the habit of partially quoting posts if it changes the meaning or context and I certainly would have responded to this in my previous post if it had been there earlier.

I didn't see the words " IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION" in the information regarding temporary residency requirements on the migraciones website. I believe that exp<b></b>ression applies to border agents allowing or denying entry into Argentina, not the immigration officials deciding whether or not to grant residency.

Of course the $8000 pesos figure meant much more when the peso was 4 to 1 with the dollar. it meant that migraciones was requiring a monthly foreign income of about $2000 USD. Everyone knows the cost of living in Argentina has increased dramatically in the past three years. The $8000 figure may still be there, but the key phrase in the regulations/decree is that the foreigner must prove "that the amount of income that is sufficient to provide for their maintenance and their primary family group" (while living in Argentina).

Unless/until someone who recently was granted a visa rentista or pensionado can "attest" that it is still possible for an individual to obtain temporary residency with a foreign income equivalent to $800 pesos per month, anyone who is "planning" on applying for a rentista or pensionado visa would be well advised not to go to all the trouble of getting their documents together an/or moving to Argentina unless they have a foreign income equivalent to the amount of $2200 USD per month.

PS: I know one expat who recently obtained citizenship took that route because her retirement (US Social Security) income was well below the $2000per month level and could not get a visa pensionado as a result.

PS: I know one expat who recently obtained citizenship took that route because her retirement (US Social Security) income was well below the $2000per month level and could not get a visa pensionado as a result.

Not to mention that Ms. O'Connor's Medicare benefits also expired with her death.

If it´s IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION: He will evaluate what is the Minimum on individual bases, then that will supersede the $8000 pesos specification. $8000 pesos will have no meaning now and wouldn´t have had any meaning when the Dollar was 4 pesos.

An additional thought about this: If an individual cites the fact that the website still indicates the income requirement is only $8000 pesos, they are likely to hear (if they get the one official who is willing to speak English to them) . "Yes, that is correct, but this is 2014, not 2010."

Did you edit you post and add this after I quoted the original post? I'm not in the habit of partially quoting posts if it changes the meaning or context and I certainly would have responded to this in my previous post if it had been there earlier.

I edited my post before you.
I dislike your abrasive blatant accusations. I don´t care for any unpleasant stuff. I´m a retired tourist here, don´t care less..

I´m not going to turn this into another feud. Go find someone else.
You win, I choose to loose. No contest.

ADIOS.

Unless/until someone who recently was granted a visa rentista or pensionado can "attest" that it is still possible for an individual to obtain temporary residency with a foreign income equivalent to $800 pesos per month, anyone who is "planning" on applying for a rentista or pensionado visa would be well advised not to go to all the trouble of getting their documents together an/or moving to Argentina unless they have a foreign income equivalent to the amount of $2200 USD per month.
I think you were referring to 8000 pesos per month and not 800. and/or moving without a foreign income equivalent to the amount of 2200 USD per month? where is that? I am curious because a friend wants to apply for an Argentine DNI as a rentista. Not clear. What is the needed income?

My attorney reccomended showing 3K US a month a year ago. Prior to that it was 2500 for a few years. These aren't laws, but in his experience, they are numbers that won't be questioned.

Anybody genuinely committed to "going Galt" would publicly broadcast his or her resistance to AFIP, shoot down the tax drones, barricade himself or herself behind the walls of the compound, and have the heavy artillery ready to resist the statists. Anybody else is just a Pottertarian.

Back