Residencia Rentista

Just want to add that when I applied for and each time I renewed my residency as well as when I upgraded too permanent residency in 2010 I included a letter (notarized and with the Apostille) from an officer at my US bank which certified that a brokerage was making monthly deposits to the account from which I was making ATM withdrawals in Argentina. (That is the account from which I am now making XOOM transfers.)

I never actually provided migraciones with any statements from my US bank or brokerage. In 2006 and 2007 migraciones accepted ATM receipts as "proof" of the funds I was receiving in Argentina and in 2008, 2009, and 2010 an Argentine accountant "certified" the foreign income I received in Argentina by reviewing my US bank statements, as well as my ATM receipts.

At the least, I suggest you provide "evidence" of the past two months deposits to your US bank account that match the monthly amount that is stated in the letter from your broker.

Got it Steve.

One last Q. I have a dear, sweet aunt who is old and sick. When she is ready to leave this incarnation, which should be soon, I will have to return to the US and attend to her. I am operating under the assumption that if I leave during this residency process, all is lost and I will have to start from Step 1 all over.

Someone told me this is the case.

As a result, I am considering offering extra money to expedite my translation of documents.

Is my assumption correct?

Got it Steve.

One last Q. I have a dear, sweet aunt who is old and sick. When she is ready to leave this incarnation, which should be soon, I will have to return to the US and attend to her. I am operating under the assumption that if I leave during this residency process, all is lost and I will have to start from Step 1 all over.

As a result, I am considering offering extra money to expedite my translation of documents.

Are you sure you've chosen the right person to bribe?

Got it Steve.

If you are in Argentina, already have your FBI report, and you return t the USA before submitting your documents you will need a new one.

Paying a translator extra for expedited service does not constitute a bribe and you can also pay migraciones extra for expedited service (that isn't a bribe, either).

Paying a translator extra for expedited service does not constitute a bribe and you can also pay migraciones extra for expedited service (that isn't a bribe, either).

Expedited service at migraciones? I've never heard of that - expedited service to get a passport or to get the new version of an existing DNI yes. You're saying there is a way to get the residency expedited?

As long as the OP has submitted his application (which yes, he needs a turno to do but there isn't a huge delay AFAIK to get an appt) - he can leave without penalty or needing to start the process over.

Expedited service at migraciones? I've never heard of that - expedited service to get a passport or to get the new version of an existing DNI yes. You're saying there is a way to get the residency expedited?

I was thinking of this thread when I made the post about expedited service at migraciones: http://baexpats.org/topic/32842-expired-residencia-precaria/

As long as the OP has submitted his application (which yes, he needs a turno to do but there isn't a huge delay AFAIK to get an appt) - he can leave without penalty or needing to start the process over.

As I previously posted," If you are in Argentina, already have your FBI report, and you return to the USA before submitting your documents you will need a new one."

Got it - that makes sense. I thought you meant a fee to expedite the process itself, not just getting a turno at immigration.

There is no expediting the process of getting the actual residency approved, but when you go to immigrations to apply for residency, if all your papers are in order and they accept the application, you immediately get a piece of paper called a "precaria". The precaria gives you temporary residency, even though it's not a DNI, and you can leave the country and return under that precaria. The precaria expires (it used to be every 30 days I believe) and you can go to immigrations to renew it.

I traveled out of the country a number of times while waiting for my residency to be approved, using just the precaria to enter and leave.

I found a traductora. She wants 1.400 pesos to translate the 3 documents (fbi report, apostille and brokerage letter). Sounds pretty expensive to me.

Anyone have any idea about such prices and whether this is the going rate or not?

Thanks.

Back