Resident Visa

Musicman

Registered
Hi - I am UK citizen and would like to know how I can get a visa to live in BA permanently?

I did live there for 8 years until 2001 and had a DNI at the time but have now lost all that

Thanks for comments

Do you mean to say you didn't continue living in Argentina to maintain your status as a resident OR that you lost your DNI card.

I think it's worth investigating to see if you can have your previous DNI reissued before beginning the long process of reapplying for temporary residency for three years to achieve permanent status.

This sounds complicated enough to contact a lawyer for counsel.

I left in 2001 and just didn't follow up - my DNI was via the company I worked for at the time but I have no idea what happened to it or whether I was entitled to residency or not - I lived there for around 7 years

Any suggestion for a good lawyer to help investigate?

I use English speaking Mariano Monteverde 54-11-6021-0145, but his firm specializes in this stuff also.

If you lived for so long, you also qualify for citizenship, no matter your immigration status. Search "citizenship for foreigners<" in this forum. Regards

I second Gabriel Celano...he is a miracle worker when you've almost given up (and tried to DIY)!

Back