Restaurants in Palermo

And you get a charming view of the Passaic River, New Jersey's version of the Riachuelo. Well worth the 25 bucks 🤢
Actually, I was quite negatively biased on Newark, but my daughter and her husband chose it because they have friends there, it is not too far from the city and is midway between her workplace and his. Anyway, the neighborhood where she lives is nice enough, it used to be a Portuguese barrio and now is mostly inhabited by Brazilians and people from central and South America (many Colombians, Peruvians and Ecuadorians). Just another working class place; I liked it enough.

Actually, I was quite negatively biased on Newark, but my daughter and her husband chose it because they have friends there, it is not too far from the city and is midway between her workplace and his. Anyway, the neighborhood where she lives is nice enough, it used to be a Portuguese barrio and now is mostly inhabited by Brazilians and people from central and South America (many Colombians, Peruvians and Ecuadorians). Just another working class place; I liked it enough.
I didn't know that the Portuguese area had become Latin American. I understand that there are some nice restaurants there. Newark is connected to Manhattan by PATH train that takes only a few minutes. I suspect parts of the city are already gentryfying and will only continue to get better.

I didn't know that the Portuguese area had become Latin American. I understand that there are some nice restaurants there. Newark is connected to Manhattan by PATH train that takes only a few minutes. I suspect parts of the city are already gentryfying and will only continue to get better.
Yes, you are right about gentrification, and in fact the neighborhood where my daughter lives is a bit more gentrified than the other part, where it is still a working people's barrio

I used to live in Newark and my bfs fiancee lived in the Ironbound Section. Still a hard nope.

We've got a bunch of former Jersey residents here? Some things are starting to make sense.
A little south of Newark in Hoboken, I spent 5 years there, many years ago (Stevens Tech,) the waterfront was then a bunch of derelict rundown sleazy hotels and bars. Hoboken was an Italian controlled enclave, birthplace of Frank Sinatra. Full of hole-in-the-wall, mom and pop, pizza places selling by the slice.
Today you find there some of the most expensive apts in Skyscrapers facing Midtown Manhattan.

I checked prices at Grille Resto Parilla in Hoboken, For $25 bucks you barely perhaps have a Ceasar salad or cheese omelette and a soda plus tax and tip.

A little south of Newark in Hoboken, I spent 5 years there, many years ago (Stevens Tech,) the waterfront was then a bunch of derelict rundown sleazy hotels and bars. Hoboken was an Italian controlled enclave, birthplace of Frank Sinatra. Full of hole-in-the-wall, mom and pop, pizza places selling by the slice.
Today you find there some of the most expensive apts in Skyscrapers facing Midtown Manhattan.

I checked prices at Grille Resto Parilla in Hoboken, For $25 bucks you barely perhaps have a Ceasar salad or cheese omelette and a soda plus tax and tip.

Was in Hoboken about 5 yrs ago, it reminded me of Puerto Madero. Those restaurants by the water are pricey and don't seem to offer anything really special. Lots of Indian residents in the area.

Back