Rip-Off German Hospital

Seriously????? You want to turn a thread about his son into a political discussion? I would bite most of the time but out of respect I won't. Not cool. Not cool.

The big difference is between private,and government mandated (aka FREE MARKET) health care system.

The government system is designed to destroy the private system...

As well as health care as we know it.

shocking amount!!

you did not have any insurance?

I have plan A6, 2nd highest insurance plan of Hospital aleman and pay 960 pesos a month as premium monthly.

Very reasonable cost for a family... you must be very very young. Your plan did not cover this incident or part of it?

The big difference is between private,and government mandated (aka FREE MARKET) health care system.

The government system is designed to destroy the private system...

As well as health care as we know it.

Countries with universal coverage, such as the Scandinavian countries, enjoy some of the world's highest living expectancies and best medical care, and spend barely half per capita what the US does.

Wow, I had to have eight stitches in my ear after a little accident, went to the nearest hospital (public) in Cañuelas, bled on their floor a bit, was looked after in five minutes, got stitched up, and it was free. They refused even a donation. The place was pretty basic and I had a vet take the stitches out after a boozy dinner a few weeks later but the service was impeccable.

You have to have a medical plan or to use the public service that is very good regarding children.
I have the A7 for 2 babys and 2 adults and I pay 2500 pesos.
However, I have used the public hospitals for many years.

Very sorry to hear about your son. I'm curious though how it happened that a dog bit him on the lip? Poor thing, I hope he recovers well.

Obamacare belongs in another thread guys.

jp, it was our own dog, she's never snapped at the kids before. I was only a couple of metres away, I think he picked up something of hers, maybe her bone....it happened in a second.

I have an international insurance, but there was some mix-up with the new paperwork and it seems he was never added to the plan.

Farenheit - did you talk to them about the bill? That is absolutely outrageous. I wonder if they would lower it (esp the 3000 pesos charge for the OR that you said wasn't used). This is def a situation where I would be getting my porteña on and raising hell.

Hope your little one is feeling okay now.

Thanks Citygirl, he's doing great. I think I made a mistake about the OR, that word is quirofano and it says quirurgico. This is what the bill says -
Derecho Quirurgico - $ 3830.86
Cirujano - Honorarios - $2386.12
Plus various other minor charges.

I realise the honorarios is for the surgeon, but what is the derecho quirurgico for??? I could call them tomorrow. I do feel they took advantage of the situation, they didn't have a set amount on the computer but made phone calls to find out what to charge.

Farenheit, that is outrageous!
I know your son's well being is paramount, but those people have stitched you up there.

Back