Roast Potatoes

I would bring some perfume and cologne for your girlfriend's family. Argentines don't like foreign food and prefer to eat what they already know. They don't like to explore or be creative with dishes.
And who told you that?
maybe the people you frequent are like that
How adventurous with food is a guy from west virginia or liverpool :cool: :cool:

I don't see why roast potatoes should be unwelcome at an asado, even in summer. They're certainly superior to papas fritas or any other potato preparation that Argentines do.

Actually, I don't mind pastel de papas.
Everybody does roast potateos,i love them,just cut potatoes,salt,some pepper,and to the oven

Please tell me
And youdonthave them here?you have them,butthey dont succeed,we like good food,hahaha

Please tell me where the multiple good Nepalese, Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, Turkish, Lebanese, Bangladeshi, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese places are here.

Mexican,ihave one aroundthe blockwhere Ilive,is called mole,idont know how good is it,but many people eat there,not mi kind of food.Indian,I know some exist here,tandoori,i heard,is the name of one.
Lebanse,specially,dont know,butmany arab restaurants,or middle easter jewishones,food is more or less the same.
Turkish,also,some exist.
The rest,have no idea,iwont eat that,good food is only european and maybe middle eastern,the rest,iwont feed it to my dog,if i had one.

Mexican,ihave one aroundthe blockwhere Ilive,is called mole,idont know how good is it,but many people eat there,not mi kind of food.Indian,I know some exist here,tandoori,i heard,is the name of one.
Lebanse,specially,dont know,butmany arab restaurants,or middle easter jewishones,food is more or less the same.
Turkish,also,some exist.
The rest,have no idea,iwont eat that,good food is only european and maybe middle eastern,the rest,iwont feed it to my dog,if i had one.

I have yet to find one good Mexican place here, its all extremely bland and very unspicy no matter how much i say picante por favor!

The indian stuff is average, there really aren't any great Indian places here.

With the others the food may be similar but they all have their own take on it.

Fix your spacebar already.

Turkish,also,some exist.

Inexperience and ignorancy prevails across SA...Some people do not even wanting to try etrangere foods whatsoever...Pity

Please tell me

Please tell me where the multiple good Nepalese, Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, Turkish, Lebanese, Bangladeshi, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese places are here.

There is an Armenian place on Libertador in La Lucila. I am very curious to try it. In Italy I used to go to a Lebanese restaurant and just loved their hummus, kebabs and most of all their sweets. I have been twice in Tunisia and I loved their cuisine, as well (I love lamb meat!). I don't use many spices in my cooking because I don't know them and I have never mastered them.
My grandma did mostly Austro-Hungarian dishes and she was a real spice master. Unfortunately she went banana before I hit the age of reason, so nothing of her art passed through.

Nonetheless, I am very curious to experiment spices (but not hot spicy food, which I can't stand), I just need a good guidance.

For roast potatoes, I still haven't achieved a top level. For example: do you wash the cut potatoes several times to wash away the starch before baking? Or do you go without that bit?
Do you think it is better to cook them at a high temp (240°C) for a short time, or lower temp for a longer time (180°C)?
I would like to have them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, but I am just getting them soft.
Maybe I should use grease instead of EVO?

Back