Robbed In La Boca Yesterday, No Access To Cctv?

Theft ? This is armed robbery, many tourists were killed for a camera, remember San Martin Plaza.
I remember San Martin Plaza, and it was 1 tourist. And about the camera, he said it was a broken old thing and the boys were armed with umbrellas.
You would kill for that?
Nancy

I remember San Martin Plaza, and it was 1 tourist. And about the camera, he said it was a broken old thing and the boys were armed with umbrellas.
You would kill for that?
Nancy

No, Nancy, he wouldn't. He's just doing the macho chest-pounding routine, and speaking with much respect, I'm sure you've seen that once or twice before in your life :D

No, Nancy, he wouldn't. He's just doing the macho chest-pounding routine, and speaking with much respect, I'm sure you've seen that once or twice before in your life :D
I wouldn't be to quick to throw everyone in the same bag as chest pounding machos,in real life there are more than a few people tired of being victims of an environment where no one cares and weak legislature resulting in the notion of'' kids''getting away with murder, literally.
Today's kids taking your camera on the streets are the same ones who took candy from the kiosko when they were 6 or 8 years old/
How long do you think is gonna take these to figure that there's more money kidnapping your daughter than taking your camera?
It is never a matter of a camera or a wrist watch,to me is a matter of principle
I refuse to carry two wallets,one for when i;m robbed and the real one.i expect to be able to walk the streets without fear of anyone,being that we are a civilized society are we not?
The easier we make it for these criminals (by not even think about resisting)the sooner it's gonna become the ''law of the jungle ''and we don't want that do we? B)

Last week my wife and I sat down for lunch in a restaurant in La Plata. The waitress came over with a big smile and explained that the last time I was there, about a month before, $200 had dropped out of my pocket onto the floor. She had been holding it, waiting for me to return. She was clearly very happy to be able to give me my money back.
Last year a man ran up to me on the street holding some bills that I had dropped.
(Yes! I know I've been careless with my money, I'm used to the heavier USD).
Sure we're out here, in the suburbs. And there's lots of crime here, especially breakins but I've had really good experiences with the people I've met.
The other night my doctor was also talking about how angry and stressed his patients are, because of their difficult lives here. I asked my wife about why my experience with the people here has been so pleasant. She said that it may be because I am new here, and an American, and therefore not part of their daily lives.
But in the US, the stress, seems to me, to be in the air. Its not uncommon to encounter angry neighbors or surly waitresses or people in the street arguing. I have not yet seen that here.

Back