Salads...a Big Problem In Bsars

I saw good, though very expensive dressings at Wallmart in Caballito.

And I'm still wondering: of all Latin American countries I know this is the most poor in terms of available fruit and vegetables and they look awful too. At the verdulerias and Coto the veggies and fruit look dirty, filthy, old. Why is this?

For cheese and dressings go to Valentinos in Patio Bulrich all imports....$$$$ or Al Queso Queso.. in Pueyrredon near Santa Fe...

One of my porteño friends tries to lecture people about the evils of Yanqui imperialism all day but spends a lot of time in McDonalds, and according to him, just for the coffee. I drink mate instead but unlike some people here I have had very good coffee in Buenos Aires.

"El Club de la ensalada" they do delivery. Great salads and affordable prices. You can find them online.

Anyway, I agree about making your own salad, be creative! I never eat salads in restaurants, except when I travel to countries like Germany where often you get good, really fresh salads as a free side dish (at least outside the big cities). But in Argentina and in my own country too, a good salad is a rare commodity, the rest is an overpriced farce.

The bland salads here in Buenos Aires is a problem that needs addressing. :)

Looking for a good salad here is like looking for good pancakes. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Just gotta make your own.

Argentines please note: Ceasar Salad is not made with mayonnaise! Here are the ingredients: Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and lettuce with croutons. Optional ingredients are mustard and anchovies.

I like this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caesar-salad-i/

The bland salads here in Buenos Aires is a problem that needs addressing. :)

Looking for a good salad here is like looking for good pancakes. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Just gotta make your own.

Argentines please note: Ceasar Salad is not made with mayonnaise! Here are the ingredients: Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and lettuce with croutons. Optional ingredients are mustard and anchovies.

I like this recipe http://allrecipes.co...caesar-salad-i/
May I add.......................are ya ready for this........? THAT EGG IS RAW!!!!!!! Not soft boiled, not cooked not coddled. RAW! [here come the proper folks to tell you not to eat raw eggs]

Gs is right. Again. Agree with make your own salad and dressing. I am leery of many salads in restaurants. A few years back a good friend was visiting and we ate at a restaurant with a salad bar , which he ate , and promptly got food poison. Nasty bit that set him back a couple days. Irregardless where I buy vegetables , I thoroughly wash everything with a soap and vinegar mix. Rinse well. Dry with salad spinner.

At little extra $$ for good olive oil and basalmic. Red wine vinegar is nice for a change too. I also make homemade croutons every week. Toasted pine nuts and craisins also make salad time fun.

Argentines please note: Ceasar Salad is not made with mayonnaise!

[INSERT FOOD] WITHOUT MAYONNAISE?!?!

rx_cristina-kirchner.jpg

Back