Salads...a Big Problem In Bsars

I learned about the salad situation during my very first meal in the city when the "salad bar" at the restaurant we went to was devoid of salad dressing. I think the thing I'd miss the most in living there is good, home made, watery ranch dressing.

The best salad bar - all you can eat! - I have found here is at Juana M, Carlos Pellegrini 1535: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6814143291_87460f034a_z.jpg

You all are such connoisseurs that I'm really afraid to say anything. I even love the pizza in Accademia on Guemes and General Diaz. They have a combinada salad (that's where they put everything in it) that is often impressive. It depends on who makes it I think since sometimes it's wayyyyy more impressive than other times. It has plain tomatoes though and not cherry. So it isn't quite in the class some of you describe. I think it is 38 pesos.

Kansas does quite well with some signature salads. The Cobb and the Spicy Thai come to mind. I think there is a Cesar also????

I like the spinach/quinoa salad @ Baraka in Palermo Soho, a bit complicated to make at home since it has carmelized calabaza and carrots, and cherry tomatoes, mmm so yummy

Together?!?!?!

A salad is not a place to throw all of the random shit you have in your pantry.

Yes a bed of greens in 3 color lettuces with small amounts of the other items... like olives, avocado, and onion rings, etc :D

Come on guys there have been threads about this, some of which I have started. Pine nuts = Alberti & Garay. Maple syrup: jumbo Palermo, barrio chino, the DVD rental store in puerto madero...

Sorry, I don't believe that Jumbo Palermo has maple syrup. Haven't seen it in Barrio Chino, either. I can believe that a DVD store here would sell it, though. :)

For salad dressings you can try casa china at Arribenos and Mendoza, and places like Kalimnos where they sell cold cuts, cheese and stuff like that. Folks here are usually ok with just oil and vinegar on their salads, that´s why you won´t find many options at bars and restaurants.

You may find Aunt Jamima here , but it is NOT Maple Syrup.

Maple Syrup come from Maple trees. Not 10 different chemicals blended to resemble Maple Syrup.

Back