Salads...a Big Problem In Bsars

The caesar salad is not from the US- it was invented by an Italian chef working in Mexico. Tijuana, to be exact.

The caesar salad is not from the US- it was invented by an Italian chef working in Mexico. Tijuana, to be exact.
Yes been there. But I don't think I would go there now. TJ got rough.

I have a problem with shallow people who complain about salads.
I see children sleeping in the street sometimes. I think that's a bigger problem.

These things are not mutually exclusive. You can care about shitty salads and also care about children on the streets.

With that said, I agree with those who say salads are extremely easy to make here. I complain about the food in BA, but dressings and all that are so easy to make at home that salads have never even appeared on my list of food gripes.

As for washing the veggies, I came down with Hepatitis B in 2010 in Buenos Aires (the not-too-serious kind that goes away). I had gotten the hep A/hep B vaccine years before, but more than a decade had passed so it had worn off I guess. The doc in BA told me that it was not uncommon, and that I probably got it from, wait for it, a poorly washed vegetable. It went away, I got re-vaccinated and that was that. EDIT: Actually I'm almost positive it was hep A that I had...strange that I can't even remember.

Did you folks knew that the Chinese will never eat raw salad stuff? I had visited a rural province of Gunma-Ken, the capitol of every veggie,fruits coming from to supply all Japan. The last time there I met a bunch of Chinese from PRC situated or planted in various
farms as exchange agri students,then after meeting a few and then discover that the students at first refused to eat any salad due to in China, the green salad can not be eaten raw due to psticides on them and other illness causing bacteria and so on.

When the dinner time comes, the hosting family mama-san ready to prepare the cookings, they, the Chinese students comes on to the kitchen and wanting to stir-fry every veggies! Can you imagine, leaf lettuses, tomatoes, cucumbers and other veggie has to pass through hot oil cleansing before digestion ! It took much assurance from the farm owner's wife explaining that every eating stuff in Japan are safe to be eaten raw...

Really good salads- Delicious, Laprida 2015.

Geeze guys! Cut out the debate and come see me at Big Apple, Viamonte 1141 entre Libertad and Cerrito, Mon - Fri 8 to 4

We´ve got the best salads in the city with up to 7 ingredients (FRESH DAILY) of your choice for a max of AR$50 and a combo with drink for AR$65

We´re expat owned and managed and we welcome the support!

I´ve been told our salads are grossly under priced for their size and value, but, you be the judge.

anybody who does just a bit of research (like reading pick up the fork) can find many places that serve great salads.

Certainly, most of the ordinary restaurants in Buenos Aires have bland and uninspiring salads- but there are so many new places these days, and with the tiniest bit of work you can find amazing things.
I gotta say that I really like an ensalada mixta with as much olive oil as you want and salt and pepper, maybe a touch of balsamico. Perfect with a steak.

Tom

Back