Sending A Package From Uk To Buenos Aires Advice?

BAPaul

Registered
Hi everyone, I am going to send a package from England to my girl in Buenos Aires and I was just interested to see if anybody has had a problem, and if the whole system has improved now since Macri has been running the ship?

It will be a box containing some English tea and chocolate..the things I took to her over a month or so ago when I was there, and she has now consumed all ha ha. So I want to send some and see if it arrives....bearing in mind that a few years ago I sent her a package in a small box and it never arrived.

I hope the system is better as I have read before things go missing, people who work at the airport steal..even the post man or woman or whatever they are called there. I guess I will learn more about the system when I am there and see if I can send things out of Argentina as well in the future, as I would not mind giving eBay a go when I live there..any advice on this also? I sell the odd thing here on eBay in the UK so it would be good if i could continue that there. I know they have mercadolibre but that is not worldwide.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

paul

Rule of thumb: Only send what you are willing to lose and costs less than $25 USD

I have had a few lost packages but recently received a small one after 2 months from China - just had to pay the 45 pesos fee to collect it.

It is such a messed up system that it just isn't worth the risk, unless you don't really care if you lose it.

That said, my sister-in-law had several clothes packages (new) arrive from China, although she had to go to Retiro to collect them. This started last year before Macri.

There are nice chocolates and teas here, it may be easier for both of you if you put money in her account and tell her to treat herself to something nice. I know, not as romantic, but more fun then tracing down a package. Or, see if someone is coming down from England and will take it for you.
N

Use 'Royal Mail signed for'. I had some tea sent to me a month or so ago but was not home (allegedly) when the postie came. I could have gone to Retiro to collect the packet but couldn't spare the time. The packet was sent back to the sender in the UK and arrived last week. You can track the packet, I later learnt, on not only the Royal Mail website but also on the Correo Argentina site as well when it lands over here.

Yes, you can track the parcel on the internet the minute Correo Argentino gets it. It works so well that Correo Argentino will tell you if the item was stolen, where and when it was stolen.

Have had various friends and relatives send clothing and small gifts from UK for our baby daughter since last October. NOTHING has arrived :(

I wouldn't send anything!

If you send by "signed for" then it will arrive at her door (if packet is small, light and contains nothing expensive), be sent to Retiro or be returned to you in the UK. If you send by standard post then likely will be 'lost'.

Back