September Flights

I think its worth understanding that Colombia and Costa Rica not only have covid warnings but also crime warnings whereas Argentina has a covid warning but, fortunately, so far, no crime warnings.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...aveladvisories/argentina-travel-advisory.html

I was surprised to see that Uruguay also has covid and crime advisories.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...traveladvisories/uruguay-travel-advisory.html
Exactly, what’s missing from Argentina’s advisory. It wasn’t so long ago an Australian tourist was killed I. Recoletta or a Swedish tourist left maimed in Montserrat. How many tourists were murdered or shot in the same time in Colombia, Uruguay or Costas Rica?

I take most of these advisories and the motives for them with a gain of salt. For example, Colombians and any travelers originating from there are currently banned from entering Italy for any reason due to COVID whereas Brazilians, Peruvians and Argentines (all with worse COVID stats) are allowed under some conditions. The origin of these travel policies is more often than not decentralized and depending more on isolated events or the recommendations from local embassies etc rather than a fixed criteria.

FYI I noticed GOL have now pushed their return to Argentina to January 2021. They had previously said they will be back in December. In the case of GOL, however, I do feel there is also the factor AEP, since AEP will be closed for repairs until end of 2020. GOL seem to want to avoid flying thru EZE? Or just a coincidence.

EDIT: OK it seems like they still have some flights for late late December.

FYI I noticed GOL have now pushed their return to Argentina to January 2021. They had previously said they will be back in December. In the case of GOL, however, I do feel there is also the factor AEP, since AEP will be closed for repairs until end of 2020. GOL seem to want to avoid flying thru EZE? Or just a coincidence.

EDIT: OK it seems like they still have some flights for late late December.
AEP will be closed until early 2021, no matter what they say ;-)

AEP will be closed until early 2021, no matter what they say ;-)

Yes, you are right. Haha. I have a flight with Flybondi to Brasil in November. If this flight actually takes place do you think they will operate the international flights from EZE?

Yes, you are right. Haha. I have a flight with Flybondi to Brasil in November. If this flight actually takes place do you think they will operate the international flights from EZE?
They MAY still operate from EPA. Don’t worry, you’ll find out the day before you fly, just enough time to program the GPS to the correct airport.

Do not travel to Colombia or Costa Rica, crime and covid.

Those alerts are largely nonsense and not based on reality. For instance, Costa Rica is given the same risk level as Syria, and Nigeria has a lower risk than Argentina. The Trump State Dept revamped how they issue alerts and it's been a mess every since. I wouldn't be surpsied if there are a couple of interns in charge of maintaining the site.

Additionally, the warnings are for only specific regions within those countries. I was living in Bogotá this time last year. According to the UK FCDO, "Despite high levels of crime, most visits to Colombia are trouble-free."

Any news on Domestic Flights. I want to go to Patagonia......
Regular flights should start later this month. The government has been clear that initially these will only be for essential workers and other essential travel (e.g. healthcare) It suggested domestic tourism would not be allowed until the (late) summer, however each province would set its own rules and effectively decide if they open to tourists or not. Some have already said they are not interested. Hotels are still only for essential workers.

I would love to go south and get some fresh air too but I am not holding out much hope for the next months since COVID in those provinces is out of control and they have limited hospital beds - they do not want the burden of tourists getting sick and taking up precious medical resources during such a time.

I also understand Airbnb has blocked bookings for the entire month of OCT pending resumption of tourism. Anyone have any information on this?

Any news on October or November flights?
From late OCT scheduled flights should be allowed again so it will be up to each airline. The minister of transport seems to be insisting it will happen this time, but we have heard it many times before already and just ended up with a cloud of smoke.
If this happens just check their websites for schedule and applicable travel info.

Back