September Flights

Works, of course, only with Argentine citizens. If you have a DNI extranjero, this will not fly (no pun intended).
It can work - usually when I go to Brazil I just use my DNI extranjero to enter and leave, usually they only question is where I traveling to or from as you can only use it to enter and leave the country when traveling to or from neighboring countries. Also works at land borders like this.

Rarely they ask for my passport too but since I have a few of those and most places I go don’t stamp them, there is no way to know where I was before Brazil (for example) Only one time was I asked “just Brazil?” when responding to the where are you going question.

LATAM Chile, Peru and Brazil have a loooot of pre-existing frequencies so would see no reason now they are suddenly not approved or revoked since we are in theory back to schedule.

On a side not. Does anyone know how on earth is Latam planning to fill up 7 flights a week in November — on thursdays and saturdays even flying 2x from São Paulo? Has that frequency been approved by Anac?
They just made changes to their schedule still flying like 5 times thou.

It can work - usually when I go to Brazil I just use my DNI extranjero to enter and leave, usually they only question is where I traveling to or from as you can only use it to enter and leave the country when traveling to or from neighboring countries. Also works at land borders like this.

Rarely they ask for my passport too but since I have a few of those and most places I go don’t stamp them, there is no way to know where I was before Brazil (for example) Only one time was I asked “just Brazil?” when responding to the where are you going question.

LATAM Chile, Peru and Brazil have a loooot of pre-existing frequencies so would see no reason now they are suddenly not approved or revoked since we are in theory back to schedule.
Wait you can fly to Brazil with the DNI extranjero? That's news to me...so technically you can stay beyond 3 months?

Wait you can fly to Brazil with the DNI extranjero? That's news to me...so technically you can stay beyond 3 months?
You can only use a DNI extranjero when entering and leaving Argentina (in Brazil you must use your passport) and it has nothing to do with how long you can stay in other countries.

Folks, if you had to make an educated guess, do you think that Argentina will be open by Christmas for Europeans?

Folks, if you had to make an educated guess, do you think that Argentina will be open by Christmas for Europeans?
Not an educated guess at all because nothing makes sense.. but I am taking a gamble. I have a flight booked from Canada (via USA) for Christmas. Hoping it's either 1) open to all or 2) they finally make an exception for immediate family (which I think is more work for embassies then it's worth - so just open up completely - with negative PCRs)

I agree. Not based on any knowledge of this particular question but on the fact that people the world over continue to underestimate everything associated with the virus and to overestimate how quickly things will open up and recover (and the extent to which they will open up and recover). It seems like an eternity since the pandemic began; yet it is still early days. No matter what the particular issue may be for each individual, my view is, we should estimate when we think something will become possible, and then double it.

If indeed Argentina is planning to open Oct 30 for Brazilians and their reals/USDs, then I believe the country will open—with protocols—for US/Euro citizens (and their wads of cash) by year end. At some point economics trumps all.

If indeed Argentina is planning to open Oct 30 for Brazilians and their reals/USDs, then I believe the country will open—with protocols—for US/Euro citizens (and their wads of cash) by year end. At some point economics trumps all.
Check out Clarín ... "SEGUNDA OLA" in the headline of the article. ("Coronavirus en Argentina")

This is going to be a disaster, as the country reopens to the world.

Back