Seven years

Thanks for writing this down Canadien. It does go to show that love does indeed move mountains and that sometimes the rules that we set are not always carved in stone.

Wow, I missed this post the first time around. What a beautiful story Gringoboy.

Congratulations and wishing you many more years of happiness together. Great story!

Gringoboy said:
I actually put a short video together, which took weeks.
It's simply photos of us, set together with a musical background.
Not sure of the rules here regarding video links. Pero bueno.
Adri cried when she saw the finished result, but I cried for other reasons.lol
You can find it here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqrj1f_adriana_people

:)

Wowza! I'd have gone looking for her too!

;)

glad someone breathed the life back into this post. i also missed it the first time around.
great story...nice to have a warm and fuzzy post on here. congrats!

Gringoboy said:
I've just realised that it's seven years since I took a one way flight from Barcelona to Buenos Aires.
My reason for coming is simple; to find the woman I loved back in 1976.
Well, I found her and we're together and have been since 2005.
We are both very lucky to have each other.
But how things have changed during this time. Not only for us, but everywhere in Buenos Aires.
I remember when I arrived in May 2005; Nestor was president, people were picking up the debris of 2001, many banks were being boycotted by those who had lost everything, but life seemed to be getting better for most.
Admittedly, I was a lovestruck tourist at the time and on a mission so to speak; but I did feel a sense of 'things are getting better'.
Meat was excellent and we went to asados every weekend. Malbec was around $8 and I didn't detect any signs of sinister activities, such as happen now. Of course, my eyes may well have been shut and rose tinted at that time, but now....
I disticntly remember being on holiday in Carilo when Cristina was inaugurated and watching it on the telly in a local bar. There did seem to be a general feeling that with a new and lets face it, the first democratically elected woman as President of this country, that it was a new beginning.
I'm still trying to figure out where she is taking us, but I take strength from being with the woman I love and have always loved.
In that sense, it gets us through.

wow. Love conquers all. I believe it. May you live long and happy you adorable lovebirds!

Wow the sentiment in your original post echoes my feelings exactly in an essay I wrote 'Mi Amor y Desamor Argentino,' which has to do with falling in and out of love with a person and Argentina.

Terrific love story with a happy ending your though! Weirdly I've seen your lady before somewhere, maybe on the street. This happens to me sometimes, Baires is a huge city but I see the same faces around town quite frequently.

la_guachita said:
Wow the sentiment in your original post echoes my feelings exactly in an essay I wrote 'Mi Amor y Desamor Argentino,' which has to do with falling in and out of love with a person and Argentina.

Terrific love story with a happy ending your though! Weirdly I've seen your lady before somewhere, maybe on the street. This happens to me sometimes, Baires is a huge city but I see the same faces around town quite frequently.

Oddly enough, during the 30 years apart, I often used to see her in the street wherever I was living, wishing and hoping it was her.......................

I've survived here two years myself - and I'm still with the person i came here to be with. Yes, day at a time :)

Back