Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

soulskier said:
You don't need an Argetine socio, only to show you are benefiting the local economy, which we proudly have for the past 5 years.

And you don't need to hire someone?

qwerty said:
And you don't need to hire someone?

We had to register our property with the municipality and get a "habilicaion de turisimo". We also showed facturas from our handyman. But no, we did not have to hire anyone specifically.

Anyone who has $80K-$100K USD safely deposited in a US bank can find a 'creative" way to get a visa rentista instead of investing in a business in Argentina. Letterheads are easy to print. It's possible to write a letter from a "CPA" which would verify "business income" which could be backed up/supported by monthly deposits in a bank account and get it notarized, and receive the seal of the Apostille. The notary public only verifies that the signature is authentic and does not confirm the content of the letter. Migraciones never asked me for any US tax forms to support the information that was in the letters I presented when I applied for my visa, even though the information in the letters was true.

steveinbsas said:
Anyone who has $80K-$100K USD safely deposited in a US bank can find a 'creative" way to get a visa rentista instead of investing in a business in Argentina. Letterheads are easy to print. It's possible to write a letter from a "CPA" which would verify "business income" which could be backed up/supported by monthly deposits in a bank account and get it notarized, and receive the seal of the Apostille. The notary public only verifies that the signature is authentic and does not confirm the content of the letter. Migraciones never asked me for any US tax forms to support the information that was in the letters I presented when I applied for my visa, even though the information in the letters was true.

Isn't this technically fraud ? And if the Argentinian government were to eventually investigate and find out, wouldn't your residency be permanently revoked and wouldn't all of this expose you to some legal repercussions ?

I think people should try to do things as legally as possible when it comes to immigrating to a new country..

Besides that, why would one have 80-100K safely deposited in the US? IMO, it makes more sense to convert it to a hard asset.

soulskier said:
...why would one have 80-100K safely deposited in the US? IMO, it makes more sense to convert it to a hard asset.

What is a hard asset? Something that loses value like real estate or stocks? In a structural deflationary environment, cash is king. Visit Japan for examples. I realize that ARG has inflation, but the US has solidly been in a deflation trap for 3 year with little hope of escaping.

steveinbsas said:
Anyone who has $80K-$100K USD safely deposited in a US bank can find a 'creative" way to get a visa rentista
There is nothing fraudulent or illegal if you structure it correctly. ****i removed the solution. If you want to find out more, PM me.****

soulskier said:
Besides that, why would one have 80-100K safely deposited in the US? IMO, it makes more sense to convert it to a hard asset.

Such as property in Argentina?

(If that's your answer I happen to agree, but in most cases, buying a house or apartment to rent to tourists here will not meet the requirements for the investor visa.)

haha,

I honestly don't know if it is fraud. That is why I am asking. Gunt says it can be done in a way that makes it legal. I would first consult an immigration lawyer but If that is the case, then it seems like a good option for alot of people.

And for the record. I have NEVER cheated on my taxes.

:|

AlexfromLA said:
My experience has been the same. No need to share the wealth though. Let them think it's not profitable :D

Wait a minute. Didn't you just say you never cheated on your taxes?

Or was that just in the US?

Do you feel your sainthood slipping away?

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh...

Back