Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

Sunday Oct. 17, 2010

Lorena at ARCA just informed me that the minimum monthly requirement for a pensioner is soon going to USD 2,200.00. I saw a post on this forum where it is thought that the minimum only applies to rentistas and not pensioners, and would "only" be USD 2,000.00.

I've been planning my retirement to Argentina for many moons and now that I'm in possession of all these apostilled docs and packing my suitcases... Lorena says that as of today I still qualify for the initial first year visa (for which ARCA charges me USD 3,200.00) but that the renewal will send me packing again. Expensive but honest. Ooops! Maybe I should be a despised perma tourist?

Has anyone got recent news form other sources?

I emailed DGM (Director General de Migraciones) as Bajo_Cero2 suggested. Haven't heard from them yet, but will post their answer if I do.

At the current spot rate of 3.95 pesos per USD, 8,000 pesos equals U$S 2,025. In telling you $2,200, Lorena probably recommended a safety margin of 10%, since the exchange rate can bounce around a bit. The DGM regulation (at least for rentistas, where the amount is specified) says 'ocho mil pesos.'

This is the message I received from Migraciones today, implying that there's no fixed monthly income required for pensionados:

Le sugerimos ingresar en nuestra página www. migraciones .gov .ar TRAMITES-RESIDENCIAS-RADICACIONES NO MERCOSUR -RESIDENCIA TEMPORARIA-PENSIONADO. Alli observará que no se indica un importe mínimo para requerir la residencia.

Saludos cordiales.
Depto. de Asesoramiento al Migrante
Dirección Nacional de Migraciones

This morning I received a second reply from Migraciones, saying the same thing -- no minimum income for pensionados:

Buenos dias, tal se indica en nuestra página www. migraciones. gov. ar TRAMITES-RESIDENCIAS-RADICACIONES NO MERCOSUR-RESIDENCIAS TEMPORARIAS-PENSIONADOS, no se requiere un ingreso mínimo.

Saludos cordiales.

Depto. de Asesoramiento al Migrante
Dirección Nacional de Migraciones .

geoffbob said:
Sunday Oct. 17, 2010

Lorena at ARCA just informed me that the minimum monthly requirement for a pensioner is soon going to USD 2,200.00.

I've been planning my retirement to Argentina for many moons and now that I'm in possession of all these apostilled docs and packing my suitcases... Lorena says that as of today I still qualify for the initial first year visa (for which ARCA charges me USD 3,200.00) but that the renewal will send me packing again. Expensive but honest. ?

$3200 USD for a visa?:eek:

How much does ARCA charge for renewals?

It's definitely a good thing there really is no set income requirement for the visa pensionado after all.:)

Now you will have a year to learn how easy it will be to renew your visa all by yourself at the prorrogas de permanencia sector at migraciones for $600 pesos.;)

If you're not comfortable/confident to go alone it will cost a maximum $400 pesos to have a translator go with you, but by then you should be able to learn the few phrases that will make everything go smoothly. :D

I give up. What is ARCA and how can they charge $3200 to get you a visa?

TomAtAlki said:
I give up. What is ARCA and how can they charge $3200 to get you a visa?

http://www.argentinaresidency.com/services/argentina-visa/pensioners-retired-people.htm

And (as of today) you can see that they still indicate the "requisite" income for the pensioner visa at $2100 pesos.

Pensioner

"If you are receiving payments from your country's national pension system (i.e. Social Security in the USA) or you have a private pension from your former employer you might qualify under this visa. You need only prove that the monthly income totals $2100 pesos ($700 USD) or higher and that the money can be transferred to Argentina on a monthly basis."

I find it interesting that they have "updated" their clients with the new (non-existent) income requirement but have not changed the figure cited on the website.;)

How can they charge $3200 dollars for their service?

Perhaps some think its worth it to have someone provide the services detailed on this page:

http://www.argentinaresidency.com/services/argentina-residency-visas.htm

I know someone who can explain everything and go to migraciones and translate for $200USD (one or two trips). If you speak and read castellano there is no need whatsoever to go with anyone. If you don't read the language well you will probably not understand what is required (as Davonz discovered).

Well it's finally happened...again, and the new income requirement is higher than even I predicted (as much as $2400 pesos per month), but that was before the devaluation last December.

Based on a post made this morning, the new income requirement is $30,000 pesos per month:

I just got back from Migraciones en Retiro.

To renew my Residencia Rentista, I need:

A- Proof of 30.000 pesos in passive income per month (notorized and apostilled by a professional in the US);

The new amount is about $2,000 USD. That's about the amount that was predicted in 2010"

Sunday Oct. 17, 2010

Lorena at ARCA just informed me that the minimum monthly requirement for a pensioner is soon going to USD 2,200.00. I saw a post on this forum where it is thought that the minimum only applies to rentistas and not pensioners, and would "only" be USD 2,000.00.

I've been planning my retirement to Argentina for many moons and now that I'm in possession of all these apostilled docs and packing my suitcases... Lorena says that as of today I still qualify for the initial first year visa (for which ARCA charges me USD 3,200.00) but that the renewal will send me packing again. Expensive but honest. Ooops! Maybe I should be a despised perma tourist?

Has anyone got recent news form other sources?

Here's a little music for those whose dreams of getting a visa rentista have just been shattered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msmnb676RxI

The amount needed for an investment visa is now $3.000.000. My wife and I were asked to provide proof of this even though we started the process 7 years ago! Luckily we have a good lawyer who told them that they can't retrospectively apply the law. Hopefully one day before we die we might go from temporary to full residency.

Back