Shopping - Electronics

Just put it in the carry-on baggage - weights are never checked there... Also you will still have it at arrival which is not so clear if you check it in.

hahaha
Sorry don't see myself carrying 23kg (bag weight limit) around multiple airports for hours - or dealing with security with things like a disk drive (they don't x-ray very well).
Anyway I am going for the second bag and praying that both of them don't exceed weight ... going to be close I think.

hahaha
Sorry don't see myself carrying 23kg (bag weight limit) around multiple airports for hours - or dealing with security with things like a disk drive (they don't x-ray very well).
Anyway I am going for the second bag and praying that both of them don't exceed weight ... going to be close I think.

If theyre small just put them in your hand luggage like people have said, get one of those small hand luggage suitcases with wheels. Otherwise make sure you padlock your suitcases. Disk drives are no problem x-raying, how do you think people take laptops,etc on board. When I came to Arg I brought a large camera backpack filled with photography gear and a 19" laptop, 2 ipads, 2 external hard drives, portable game console, ipods,etc. The only thing I had to do is remove the laptop to go through security. On travels back and forwards to the uk i`ve brough all manner of things over in my hand luggage. Never had a problem.

You plan to buy quite old parts if you get to 23 kilos :D
Jokes aside, I'd still try to put the more valuable parts in the carry-on if the weight is not to uncomfortable for you. I was traveling a lot with 2 notebooks + several additional electronics items and never had an issue with security. But especially at EZE, I'd not leave any kind of electronics in the checked in (if I want to see it again) - people there are really good in judging which items are valuable and can be quickly sold...

Well now thats a point about stuff disappearing from checked luggage. I have never had that happen when I travelled but then I never flew to Argentina with computer pieces either. I was already going to be carrying a laptop so not sure how much more I can handle .. I have several plane changes, one of which requires a run to make (I have done that one before, its very very tight). Life is full of adventures.
(the thing about 23kg was meant to be a joke, didn't work very well )

Like I said, get a small suitcase for hand luggage with wheels, and a laptop bag which you can slip over the hand luggage handle. I travel like that everytime. You can still run with it all if you need to and because its on wheels you dont kill yourself lugging it around the airport.

In regards checked in luggage. When we moved here I padlocked all our suitcases and everything arrived safely, even the playstation 3 I had in one suitcase. Also had a 32" TV in its original box, and surrounded it with clothes and taped it up, no problem. But another time we came via Madrid and forgot to lock a suitcase and it arrived minus some new(ish) Nike trainers. I`ve also gone back and forth several times and brought many electricals back that were too big for handluggage in the suitcase without issue, just always padlocked. Way I look at is, if its replaceable and not worth too much money put it in your suitcase. If its difficult to replace , expensive and small enough, hand luggage.

Also, They did scan and check everything when we came through customs originally, even had to open the TV box. but because we were foreigners moving they were only interested in illegal items, nothing for personal use.

If I bring in my personal Epson Home Theatre Projector (in carry-on baggage), do I have to pay duty on it, or exempt for personal use?

Do I have to declare it?

Do I use Canadian Passport or Argei Temporary DNI ?

What is the best way ?

They are 3 times as expensive here. (last time I checked)

I appreciate the idea of the wheel bag, but I not really an option since I will be going thru some pretty non-standard airports (across the tarmac, up the stairs - fun stuffs). I am now off to buy a new lock or 2 for checked baggage.
:)

Well good luck with it all. If we can do it with 2 kids under 3 years, 8 pieces of luggage and 4 pieces of hand luggage + 2 buggies , 2 airports and 2 car journeys totalling 4 hours, Anyone can ;-)

Sweet! Very useful info. Though I'd not yet seen this thread at that point, I worked it out for myself. One of the last things I did before leaving the states was open up my bawx and pull the mobo with CPU & RAM, the HD and SSD, and the video card. I just wrapped them in bubble wrap, taped them up with duct tape and stuffed them in my hardside carry-on. I'd not trust them to a softside carryon bag.

I'll even tell you what worked well for me. I went to amazon and bought the Delsey Helium Aero international carry-on. Be sure you get the international, the smallest one in the line; the regular carryon is too big for the overhead.

http://www.amazon.co...88&sr=8-1-fkmr0

while you're at amazon, you might want to consider something like this -

http://www.amazon.co...ravel gear silk

Back