Shopping - Electronics

Thanks for the pointers Redpossum but I will be in BA long before I can get anything shipped to me. (the downside of seeing the world I guess)
I got locks for my bags and will cross my fingers from there.

My expierence is as others have said so far: it's expensive for all electronics here, and even at the Blue rate this
is the case.

Now, that being said, you *sometimes* can find deals.

I have a rig I threw together this weekend finally after I found all the pieces and harvested some from my roomate's
mom's basement, old crt monitor, and a cpu/hsf/mobo/ram I had from when I first moved here I bought for a mining
rig I was building, but since I don't have the money for a graphics card and I got the monitor I now use it as a PC.

I got my Sempron 145 for $330 ARS, PSU for $100 and 2 GB RAM for $240, but that was using Mercado Libre, finding
the store's site and name, seeing what the store's site says, then checking what was cheapest.

Lastly, incase none of us mentioned it yet, we have this tech heaven called Galeria Jardin at Flordia Street 537. Almost anything
tech related you need can be found there.

My expierence is as others have said so far: it's expensive for all electronics here, and even at the Blue rate this
is the case.
Although I bought an LG 23" monitor from fravega recently and with the blue exchange it worked out cheaper than the UK price. Excellent monitor too.

Although I bought an LG 23" monitor from fravega recently and with the blue exchange it worked out cheaper than the UK price. Excellent monitor too.

This is true, it's rare, but I've seen it once or twice where using dollar blue it is cheaper, but it's often the Industria Tierra del Fuego
ones, which my roommate has and works fine.

This is true, it's rare, but I've seen it once or twice where using dollar blue it is cheaper, but it's often the Industria Tierra del Fuego
ones, which my roommate has and works fine.

I have some tierra del fuego monitors, they're fine. Generally they last years or older model.
Everything is put together in china, disassembled in china, shipped over to Argentina then reassembled in tierra del fuego.
Unless they are damaged in transport they'll be grand. Only problem is the stupid added cost.

Back