Should we Brits be keeping a low profile?

A picture worth a thousand words: http://on.fb.me/xS3uvR
402728_10150503517137749_85446212748_8799405_1861994276_n.jpg

Its on the corner of Independencia & Saenz Pena

Quaho said:
i think Argentines should keep a low profile, or we gonna take EVERYTHING!! MUAHAA

Take it and beg the Gods for good luck! :)

I always :rolleyes: when I hear a foreigner telling the World how he/she would 'correct' Argentina and make it a developed economy, bla bla bla. I think this has been said by all foreigners disembarking in Argentina for the last 200 years...as soon as they left the harbour they knew it was all over.

Argentina is damn complicated...

Amargo said:
That the people on the Island want to be British is fine, but they were implanted there just after the Argentine population was forced to move away. For me then, this does not count as a good argument.

Out of curiosity, how would you define implanted?

glasgowjohn said:
Batten down the hatches, chaps!!

CFK has a special press conference tomorrow at 7pm.

Not clear what the subject is but she has invited the Opposition parties , which she never does

Perhaps something to do with enforcing a certain decree about certain Chilean flights in Argentine airspace?

Meanwhile in other bald men with combs news -

Soccer: Argentina naming league in honour of sunken warship

Chavez says Venezuelan troops would fight with Argentina over Falklands

Islanders learn to swear in Spanish

Im no surprised that the venezuelan idi amin would make such a statment , his countrymen also are suffering indignities that he wished to hide. Maybe he is triing to get some of the "shine " from this issue.
It would be interesting to see if the "oposition" doesnt show up to listen to the hot air , that they be charged under the new terorist law . At a minimum , they will be accused of trechery for not towing the blind patriotism line.

Fabe said:
Im no surprised that the venezuelan idi amin would make such a statment , his countrymen also are suffering indignities that he wished to hide. Maybe he is triing to get some of the "shine " from this issue.
It would be interesting to see if the "oposition" doesnt show up to listen to the hot air , that they be charged under the new terorist law . At a minimum , they will be accused of trechery for not towing the blind patriotism line.

¨Wag the Dog¨ packaged in a different form for the benefit of those countries respective leaders.

you know the annoying thing, this whole mess is *all* about oil.

oh politicians (from all sides, in both countries) cover it up by claiming the high moral ground, but its all complete and utter bullshit. Nobody would give a shit if there was no oil..

..and guess what, there is NO oil. The exploratory drilling carried out has turned up zilch, I spoke to someone who was on one of those rigs, who said there was no oil there at all, everyone knows it.

alittlec said:
you know the annoying thing, this whole mess is *all* about oil.

oh politicians (from all sides, in both countries) cover it up by claiming the high moral ground, but its all complete and utter bullshit. Nobody would give a shit if there was no oil..

..and guess what, there is NO oil. The exploratory drilling carried out has turned up zilch, I spoke to someone who was on one of those rigs, who said there was no oil there at all, everyone knows it.
Listen children to a story that was written long ago
'bout a kindom on a mountain and the valley folk below
on the mountain was a treasure buried deep beneath a stone
and the valley people swore they'd have it for their very own

CHORUS: go ahead and hate your neighbor
go ahead and cheat a friend
do it in the name of heaven
you could justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing
come the judgment day
on the bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away

So the people of the valley sent a message up the hill,
asking for the buried treasure, tons of gold for which they'd kill.
Came an answer from the kingdom "with our brothers we will share.
All the secrets of our mountain, all the riches buried there."

Now the valley cried with anger,"mount your horses, draw your swords"
And they killed the mountain people, so they won their just reward.
Now they stood beside the treasure, on the mountain dark and red.
Turned the stone and looked beneath it;

"PEACE ON EARTH" was all it said.

Back