Sick of Malbec?!?!

Well, with this discussion float, yesterday we found a French wine at the Carrefour. It was a Mouton Cadet Bordeaux 1998 for $61. There was one bottle. So sometimes you have to look closely.

Soul , you are wrong about us prices. Comparable wines are priced the same or less. There is cheap wine in Argentina that has little price equivalent in the us but we were talking about minimum quality or better wine. You can find many good bottles for ten dollars, some less. Just bought good California merlot for under 8 dollars:

mmoon: I have a friend, who is the daughter of an importer/exporter firm, I'll ask her about who might be importing wines from europe or new zealand and I'll give you a holler if we find anything.

mariposa, Napoleon, Amargo, azmike9, Davidglen77, mcaffa, mobri1130, tinto, mendozanow:

hatersz.jpg

Thanks for all the replies to my post from several months ago. I keep looking, but haven't found much of anything...only one bottle of average Rioja at Jumbo Palermo last week.
I would love it if someone does have a source for not-expensive imported wine. I'm not looking for event wines, just a little variety for dinner, parties, whatever. (And I do drink wines other than Malbec here in Argentina.) I understand the economics behind importing wines, but it's very possible to buy a good and inexpensive wine from California, Italy, Australia, or hey, Chile! Even with import taxes, it could still be decently priced.

Back