So Much For That Idea, United.

Unfortunately, in terms of amount of daily flights to the US, American is the one to beat, particularly when taking into account the miles situation and their alliance with LAN and TAM.

As well, while Aerolineas seems to be investing in their JFK route, it seems Aerolineas' best still struggles to catch up with American's worst.

Though charging extra for pretty much any window or aisle seat, as they started to some time ago, positively redefines 'dick move'.

The JFK-EZE route on AA is probably the worst service ever. And I was elite level and still that bad. I actually wrote complaint letters more than once about the attendants and their attitude. And I still can't believe that on a typical flight, more than 1/2of the flight crew don't speak Spanish. How unbelievable is that?

I was shocked on the AA DFW-EZE flight that a mere two seemed to speak spanish as well as there were not any native speaking attendants so I can't imagine trying to understand the ones who "speak spanish" if you are from Argentina and used to the distinct accent. If you fly any American flights to Lima however the whole crew speak Spanish and is actually Peruvian. Not saying out source workers but I totally agree on how annoying it is!

However the flight coming from MIA to EZE are always 100% full..irrespective of the week day or non holiday period.

Whats going on with that?

Argentines after all are NOT so poor!

My recent flight from IAH was the first in years that there was a significant number of empty seats. I have thought repeatedly that many of the Argentinos on the planes must have saved for years, and that they might be on the only trip to the US (or wherever) in their lives.

And I always wondered how in hell they ever got visas.

more than 1/2of the flight crew don't speak Spanish. How unbelievable is that?

In one of my Mia-BUE flight this winter on AA, I actually saw some crew members jeering at poor Argentines, who could not speak English. They were like "man, what the hell were you doing in USA. You don't know a word of English!"

My recent flight from IAH was the first in years that there was a significant number of empty seats. I have thought repeatedly that many of the Argentinos on the planes must have saved for years, and that they might be on the only trip to the US (or wherever) in their lives.

And I always wondered how in hell they ever got visas.

IAH is amongst the most expensive airports to travel to/from in the USA -- no one is paying for that flight, everyone's on airmiles or they're going for work and the company is footing the bill (and they're getting the miles). A few will be on transfers, but I know that flight well thanks to airmiles myself. To pay to fly through there is to add an extra few hundred bucks to the price of a ticket for me.

You are absolutely wrong on that one.

Though Chile is in visa-waiver program, but Argentina has the best rate of getting US visas on application in South America. for ever 100 Argies applying for visa, only 3 get rejected.

And as I said, flight to Houston? Most are going for work. Otherwise they go Dallas / Miami as it's almost always cheaper than Houston. A lot of Argentines I know got their first tourist visa to the USA because they were going for their work, they go for 3 days for a work meeting and get a 5 year visa out of it. Or they did their first trip to the USA as a minor with their parents. Once they've had a Visa once it's super easy to get again.

It depends on where you are going.

From EZE to SFO, flights through IAH (Continental, now United) were frequently several hundred dollars cheaper than flights through MIA or DFW via AA.

Back