So Much For That Idea, United.

American Airlines MIA-EZE had easily the most ignorant and rude flight attendants I have ever experienced. This is completely at odds with what I have experienced on other US airlines. Anyone who has to come down here actively avoids that flight for the poor level of service on offer.

American Airlines MIA-EZE had easily the most ignorant and rude flight attendants I have ever experienced. This is completely at odds with what I have experienced on other US airlines. Anyone who has to come down here actively avoids that flight for the poor level of service on offer.

Couldn't agree more! I often have to fly to El Caribe and unfortunately Miami offers the best connections!

I was shocked on the AA DFW-EZE flight that a mere two seemed to speak spanish as well as there were not any native speaking attendants so I can't imagine trying to understand the ones who "speak spanish" if you are from Argentina and used to the distinct accent. If you fly any American flights to Lima however the whole crew speak Spanish and is actually Peruvian. Not saying out source workers but I totally agree on how annoying it is!

I flew from BA to Santiago on LAN and in Ezeiza when they would announce the flight status or that it was time to board in Castellano then repeat it in English and it was impossible to understand because their English was so bad. I don't understand why they don't have someone translate a script for them. In Santiago they spoke fluent English and Spanish. Ezeiza has to get off it's ass and put some effort into their work. I haven't flown on AA in while but have to agree with how bad the service is. I've flown on Quantas and the service is excellent, they give you complimentary wine in coach and are bilingual.

I flew from BA to Santiago on LAN and in Ezeiza when they would announce the flight status or that it was time to board in Castellano then repeat it in English and it was impossible to understand because their English was so bad. I don't understand why they don't have someone translate a script for them. In Santiago they spoke fluent English and Spanish. Ezeiza has to get off it's ass and put some effort into their work. I haven't flown on AA in while but have to agree with how bad the service is. I've flown on Quantas and the service is excellent, they give you complimentary wine in coach and are bilingual.

Most airports dont announce anymore so I wouldn't do anything about that. I'd work on the basis that reading the departure board to find out where the flight departs from is the only thing you actually 100% have to do once you get airside.

Ezeiza is an excellent airport from a regional point of view. Once you step outside the door the transport options are a little bare, but inside it's a good airport.

There seem to be very few North American tourists these days. The expensive visa may be a factor but also the economy in the US and the poor image of Argentina. The blue rate is good for adventurous travellers but I think a lot of North Americans don't like the idea of black market rates and carrying a lot of cash, It's all shady and dangerous to them, if they even know about it. They want to use their credit cards.

There seem to be very few North American tourists these days. The expensive visa may be a factor but also the economy in the US and the poor image of Argentina. The blue rate is good for adventurous travellers but I think a lot of North Americans don't like the idea of black market rates and carrying a lot of cash, It's all shady and dangerous to them, if they even know about it. They want to use their credit cards.

A lot of my friends from the States that traveled to BA on a yearly basis for many, many years don't come anymore not because of the visa but because they feel it's too insecure and they can see how much society has deteriorated here and they find it too expensive, even with the blue rate. They get tired of everyone trying to take advantage of them because they're tourists. I do n't blame them.

Hear hear...we've always had lots of friends wanting to come down and visit us, but it has really dropped off in the last couple of years, even with the beneficial blue rate.

And what is the deal with American's horrible little planes from Dallas? I avoid the Miami connection like the plague, because that flight is always chock full of people bringing as much crap as possible with them on the plane (I guess from their weeklong trip to the outlet malls). But, the Dallas plane is usually a 767 with an archaic entertainment system (no in-back screens) and the most uncomfortable seats ever. I wish I could always fly LAN, but their connection to SF through Lima is in the middle of the night. Not fun.

I will check out the Houston connection on United. Continental used to be good through Houston, but I have never been fan of United. It seems like all US airlines have gone to the dogs...

A lot of my friends from the States that traveled to BA on a yearly basis for many, many years don't come anymore not because of the visa but because they feel it's too insecure and they can see how much society has deteriorated here and they find it too expensive, even with the blue rate. They get tired of everyone trying to take advantage of them because they're tourists. I do n't blame them.

Hmmm. Maybe there's a source for that insecurity: http://tinyurl.com/omwce7b

I've only flown Delta through atlanta and had relatively good experiences. My last flight home a few weeks ago seemed to be on pretty new planes, too.

My biggest complaint is that there were a bunch of empty business class seats that they wouldnt let me upgrade to with miles because "we only allot a certain number of miles upgrades" which means they probably allow 1 per flight. Shouldnt you just pick names out of a hat and throw a few people in business class and make their week if you have extra seats? customer service 101

I known some Americans who came here for work. went to florida street and was so shaken by that experience. That for rest of their stay, simply insisted on using their credit cards.

Back