So Much For That Idea, United.

SCL is quicker, more comfortable, and has far better city-airport transportation.

I think the new terminal at EZE trumps SCL in comfort. As I mentioned before, it's almost like you are not in Argentina.
Of course the checkin area is still the same old cluster f***.

Also, some of the worst airport food I have ever had was in SCL.

I think Ceviche has been mesmerized by the sirens who work in the duty free.

I think the new terminal at EZE trumps SCL in comfort. As I mentioned before, it's almost like you are not in Argentina.
Of course the checkin area is still the same old cluster f***.

Also, some of the worst airport food I have ever had was in SCL.

I think Ceviche has been mesmerized by the sirens who work in the duty free.

I use both, and SCL is infinitely more efficient. Not a lot of difference in food.

I fly the American Airlines monthly on either the EZE-MIA or EZE-JFK route, always in Business or First. AA only flies 772 aircraft on these routes whereas Delta and United fly 763 aircraft; over the next year or so AA will be refurbishing these 772 planes in a way that will benefit Business class customers but will make the trip more miserable for Economy class customers (business going to all aisle access flat beds, economy going from 9 across to 10 across, reducing width) One of the flight attendant crews on the twice-daily EZE-MIA route is always an EZE based crew consisting entirely of Argentines who are not employees of AAL corporation and are payed in AR pesos according to local prevailing wages. If you are a EZE based high level frequent flyer (100k+ eqm/eqp per year) American Airlines is currently your best bet because of their own FF program and their partnership with LAN/TAM.
FYI currently 98.3% of Argentines applying for the B1/B2 tourist/business visas are accepted. It has never been easier.

I fly the American Airlines monthly on either the EZE-MIA or EZE-JFK route, always in Business or First. AA only flies 772 aircraft on these routes whereas Delta and United fly 763 aircraft; over the next year or so AA will be refurbishing these 772 planes in a way that will benefit Business class customers but will make the trip more miserable for Economy class customers (business going to all aisle access flat beds, economy going from 9 across to 10 across, reducing width) One of the flight attendant crews on the twice-daily EZE-MIA route is always an EZE based crew consisting entirely of Argentines who are not employees of AAL corporation and are payed in AR pesos according to local prevailing wages. If you are a EZE based high level frequent flyer (100k+ eqm/eqp per year) American Airlines is currently your best bet because of their own FF program and their partnership with LAN/TAM.
FYI currently 98.3% of Argentines applying for the B1/B2 tourist/business visas are accepted. It has never been easier.

Actually, it was much easier when Argentina participated in the Visa Waiver Program. The stats you suggest sound high to me but, if true, that's only because the whole visa application process is so expensive, partly because of the logistics for those who do not live in or near Buenos Aires. It discourages many from even applying.

Using miles to fly to Miami it costs me $82US on AA. I was surprised there weren't some additional fees with all the new regulations.

Well maybe the'll be something more to pay at the airport!

The JFK-EZE route on AA is probably the worst service ever. And I was elite level and still that bad. I actually wrote complaint letters more than once about the attendants and their attitude. And I still can't believe that on a typical flight, more than 1/2of the flight crew don't speak Spanish. How unbelievable is that?

Requirement is that there be at least 1 crew on the flight that speaks the language of the destination. This is for purposes of making announcements that may be related to security or otherwise. Try flying on Emirates from Dubai, you might be busy writing complaint letters the whole flight since they barely even adhere to this requirement.

Nothing unbelievable about that really. Took an Aerolineas Argentinas flight from EZE to GRU and only one crew spoke Portuguese.

Delta flies 767's eze-atl , there are always ample Spanish speaking Flight Attendants . The planes have been refurbished and have seat back entertainment and are clean. Economy Comfort is a nice product for a fair price. Customs in Atlanta's new International terminal is quick and efficient. Rechecking of bags and TSA is quick and efficient. New terminal at eze is nice , as is the Club Condor lounge. I have come to know several of the Delta flight attendants who usually are on the route.

I avoid American at all costs. Also Air Campora , except for domestic , when Lan in unavailable.

Back