So Much For That Idea, United.

fred mertz

Registered
I was just thumbing through an old N.Y. Magazine; 16 April 2012. The full page United Airlines ad on page 5 says "Sweet Dreams, New York.Good Morning, Buenos Aires. Introducing new Daily nonstop service to Buenos Aires, Argentina."
I didn't think that United still flies non stop from the N.Y.C. area. I called their local telephone number. After waiting a long time,, I hung up and called their U.S. number to be told that they no longer fly nonstop between here and there. She then told me that their partner, American, flies non stop !!! No, United and American are NOT partners!! Whose side is she on? "I'm sorry, sir, we don't have a green Chevrolet in stock, but the Ford dealer, across the street has many green cars". No, I have no thought about going to N.Y.

American sucks! Especially the American flight #909 from Miami to BUE non stop.

The in- flight entertainment looks from the 80's!

I had the unfortunate luck to fly it few times this winter

Horrible

I also flew American this year between new york and London and it was a totally different experience! different strokes for different folks?

I like United's Premier economy on its non stop flights to houston from BUE. Not that bad

I flew back last night on the UA flight to Houston. Clean, newer plane. The plane from Houston to Austin was a brand new Embraer.

Also, the new terminal in Ezeiza looks good. It's almost like your not in Argentina. :)

American sucks! Especially the American flight #909 from Miami to BUE non stop.

The in- flight entertainment looks from the 80's!

I had the unfortunate luck to fly it few times this winter

Horrible

I also flew American this year between new york and London and it was a totally different experience! different strokes for different folks?

I like United's Premier economy on its non stop flights to houston from BUE. Not that bad
EZE

United had a nonstop flight from Dulles to here, I took it in 2009.
In 2010 or 2011, they switched it to Newark.
They ended the route about a year ago, at which point Aerolineas Argentinas took up (resumed?) service to JFK.

BUE is not incorrect, it is a city code that includes both EZE and AEP airports. Same as NYC including JFK LGA and EWR.

I think that what I'm thinking (does that make any sense? is fewer Americans are coming to BA for business and or pleasure. There's a travel blog where in the past, about a dozen people a day would post advise questions. Now, the average is 1-2 a day. The visa, call it as you wish, for a family of 4 to visit Argentina is only, a mere US$640.00. The number of retail stores, art galleries and restaurants that have closed is shocking. Will hotels be next?

However the flight coming from MIA to EZE are always 100% full..irrespective of the week day or non holiday period.

Whats going on with that?

Argentines after all are NOT so poor!

I think that what I'm thinking (does that make any sense? is fewer Americans are coming to BA for business and or pleasure. There's a travel blog where in the past, about a dozen people a day would post advise questions. Now, the average is 1-2 a day. The visa, call it as you wish, for a family of 4 to visit Argentina is only, a mere US$640.00. The number of retail stores, art galleries and restaurants that have closed is shocking. Will hotels be next?

There may be policies even more counter-productive but, for sheer stupidity, the retaliation fee is right up there.

Reactions: ben
The JFK-EZE route on AA is probably the worst service ever. And I was elite level and still that bad. I actually wrote complaint letters more than once about the attendants and their attitude. And I still can't believe that on a typical flight, more than 1/2of the flight crew don't speak Spanish. How unbelievable is that?

Back