Some Texans Don't Know Their Own State Flag

most flags lack in the originality department...

http://themetapicture.com/suspiciously-similar-flags/

Ok, this story is definitely not going to help the dumb Texan stereotype, but here goes...

I was born in Kansas but spent most of my adult life in the Houston area, and more or less consider myself a Texan. When I was living in the Heights area of Houston, there was a motel nearby which didn't really prominently display the name, but just a sign something like:

The
Motel

Where the asterisk was a big star. I was always a little puzzled until one day I commented to a friend as we were driving by "Man, I can't see how they would ever get much business with a name like that - "The One-Star Motel???".

Of course they just rolled their eyes... "Dumbass! The Lonestar Motel!!"

Ok, this story is definitely not going to help the dumb Texan stereotype, but here goes...

I was born in Kansas but spent most of my adult life in the Houston area, and more or less consider myself a Texan. When I was living in the Heights area of Houston, there was a motel nearby which didn't really prominently display the name, but just a sign something like:

The
Motel

Where the asterisk was a big star. I was always a little puzzled until one day I commented to a friend as we were driving by "Man, I can't see how they would ever get much business with a name like that - "The One-Star Motel???".

Of course they just rolled their eyes... "Dumbass! The Lonestar Motel!!"
I prefer 5 star establishments. I think there is one in Dallas.

Not surprising considering that some of them also proudly fly the Confederate Flag.

I saw a woman this week downtown with one on a bag. I wanted to ask her if she
knew what it was/meant but I didn't have the chance and my Spanish isn't that
good.

Not surprising considering that some of them also proudly fly the Confederate Flag.

I saw a woman this week downtown with one on a bag. I wanted to ask her if she
knew what it was/meant but I didn't have the chance and my Spanish isn't that
good.

Late last year in Caballito, I saw a teenager with a Romney sweatshirt on, and did manage to ask him your same question.

Back