Spectacular Hi-Tec PH For 1YR Rent in Palermo Soho

Status
Not open for further replies.
jb5 said:
May be slightly enhanced in terms of lighting (which is fair marketing anyway), but we rented that house and it was very nice!

I acknowledge that I haven't rented in over five years, so I would like to know if these rates are reasonable now?

Something is very fishy about this agency. I have seen at least eight of the budget apartments listed with another agency. The photos are identical and it seems that they have even copied the description word for word.

To answer your question Steve, just figure 5 years at BA inflation rates. I'm not saying the prices here are what people end up paying, but high end BA rentals are not cheap.

Almost all tourist rentals in BA are listed by more than one agency. While I rented one of the houses here it was not from this agency. I can't vouch for them but I see absolutely nothing sketchy here.

The other thing I'll say is that unfortunately in BA, there is an enormous difference between very nice places and the above average places most expats rent. Getting a decent kitchen by American standards, good security, amenities etc., is expensive.

Just look at the calandars on rental sites. Good places are booked up.

There is a 50m2 studio on that website renting for $2200 dollars. That's just ridiculous. I guess some people wouldn't know what to do with all their money if people weren't so ready to take it off their hands... I would sure *hope* that a house that rents for $9k a month is "very nice". Sheesh.

jb5 said:
Almost all tourist rentals in BA are listed by more than one agency. While I rented one of the houses here it was not from this agency. I can't vouch for them but I see absolutely nothing sketchy here.

Whats sketchy is that the information for the apartments that I mentioned are copied from another website. The exact same photos and descriptions. It is clear to me that they copied the photos from the other agency's website based on the quality of the photos for these apartments.

At first I was thinking US$9000 WTF??? But actually, if you think about it, a 20m2 room at the Alvear, Duhau, 4 Seasons, Hilton, etc can easily cost US$300 (or more!) a night.

So, if you are 4 people you'd need two rooms, 6 would need 3 rooms. Frankly, if I were visiting for a month with some friends and that was our budget, I'd rather stay in that house than at a hotel, even a 5* hotel.

It's not in my price range. But my initial shock has subsided & I'm left to hope that I'll be invited to the house warming party. lol.

Now, will someone rent it for a year? I have my doubts. Stranger things have happened & I'd still like to go to the party. :)

mini said:
At first I was thinking US$9000 WTF??? But actually, if you think about it, a 20m2 room at the Alvear, Duhau, 4 Seasons, Hilton, etc can easily cost US$300 (or more!) a night.

So, if you are 4 people you'd need two rooms, 6 would need 3 rooms. Frankly, if I were visiting for a month with some friends and that was our budget, I'd rather stay in that house than at a hotel, even a 5* hotel.

It's not in my price range. But my initial shock has subsided & I'm left to hope that I'll be invited to the house warming party. lol.

Now, will someone rent it for a year? I have my doubts. Stranger things have happened & I'd still like to go to the party. :)

yeah, but seriously you'd have to be a pretty green traveler to expect that you couldn't find something amazing (another house) if everybody pooled their money for MUCH less than $9k a month. If six people wanted to spend $600-800 each on accommodations you could find a really nice place for $3600-4800 for a month. I guess to me if I did have that kind of cash to spend I'd rather spend it on massages and dinners if I could have a very nice place to stay and save for the really fun stuff. But sure, house warming party why not.

Anybody staying in this town for more than a few nights is nuts to stay in a hotel.

Hey, we're looking for a really nice furnished house and would love not to pay prices so many here insist are crazy. Any leads much appreciated and rewarded!

BTW, cheapest room this week at the Alvear Palace is $382. That's a small single room.

jb5 said:
Hey, we're looking for a really nice furnished house and would love not to pay prices so many here insist are crazy. Any leads much appreciated and rewarded!

BTW, cheapest room this week at the Alvear Palace is $382. That's a small single room.

Luxury hotel prices are generally established in accordance with international pricing norms so the fancy hotels in BA cost as much as their counterparts in all other major world cities. Besides, what on earth does the daily rack rate of a luxury hotel room have to do with the cost of a long term residential lease? If you think there's some relationship between the two, you should be an easy customer to please when it comes to renting a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back