Spending A Year In Argentina

Teegs

Registered
Hola! I am from Australia and am coming to Argentina (buenos aires primarily) for a year in November. I'd like to think I would end up doing something spontaneous and end up staying but I want to test things out first. Anyway I was wondering if someone could let me know how hard it is for an unqualified foreigner to get a job in Buenos Aires ( I already have required paperwork to stay in the country for a year) but I'm not sure how to go about getting a job and permanent or temporary residency (I've read some confusing articles!) considering I am 18 and not a millionaire - is there anything I have to watch out for or could get in trouble for by immigration people? Slash it seems there is an abundance of English teachers there, would I be better off being an au pair/ nanny?

Your comments would be much appreciated!
Thanks Tegan :)

au pairs/ nannies/ babysitters make $5usd/hour, at BEST!! If you're hoping to teach English, November is the wrong time to be arriving. March is when classes start and end of February is a good hiring perioud, better if uyou have experience or a TEFL certificate, but you never know.

au pairs/ nannies/ babysitters make $5usd/hour, at BEST!! If you're hoping to teach English, November is the wrong time to be arriving. March is when classes start and end of February is a good hiring perioud, better if uyou have experience or a TEFL certificate, but you never know.

No offense intended but I rather doubt that, at age 18, Tegan would have adequate teaching credentials.

Why........oh why at the tender age of 18 with the universe wide open and at your feet would you want to spend a year in a place with no future.

Why........oh why at the tender age of 18 with the universe wide open and at your feet would you want to spend a year in a place with no future.

I'd say to appreciate where she comes from and where she wants to go...I applaud anyone who gets out of their own country and sees the rest of the world, good, bad or indifferent. But with eyes open, always!

Buenos Aires is currently the most happening city in the world! You will have a fabulous time here!!! The idiots that say it is unsuitable for an 18 year old are the people that never get invited to anything, There are 100 things going on here every night, all affordable if not free, and transport is heavily subsidised so you can get there for pennies. Come and enjoy!

Ghost you are quite a funny one. You seem so negative, maybe you are in the wrong country? And If you don't have anything that can contribute positively to answering my questions please don't comment. I am coming to Argentina because I find Australian life boring I would like to eventually travel around South America and I am learning Spanish...sum enough up for you?

No offense intended but I rather doubt that, at age 18, Tegan would have adequate teaching credentials.

Your right ajoknoblauch I don't have any teaching credentials and I have only completed a year and a half of my university degree. Could you suggest a job field that would be easy to get a position? I'm not sure of the labor laws over there

Thank you Mano Negra and lucha54 for your responses I will look into it :)

Back