Spicy food in BA

I like Mash in San Telmo. They do a pretty good curry. And the English owner is a nutter.

Check out Sarkis - Thames 1101, esq Jufre at Palermo, their food is pretty good and spicy

I second the recommendation of Cocina Sunae. I had a fantastic meal there recently, and the chef does not hold back on the spice!

I've had great spicy food, especially great vegetarian Bim Bap at Bi Won. My husband says their spicy pork rocks as well. It's a little hidden, looks like a hotel facade, and it's not open late--they close at 11:30, I think, but it's totally worth it.
Junin 548

Jcyordenana said:
I've had great spicy food, especially great vegetarian Bim Bap at Bi Won. My husband says their spicy pork rocks as well. It's a little hidden, looks like a hotel facade, and it's not open late--they close at 11:30, I think, but it's totally worth it.
Junin 548

Just to let you know, EVERYTHING at Bi Won -- even the "meat-free" dishes -- is prepared in a caldo of beef. We had wanted to eat there and when we asked the waiter what kind of vegetarian items they offered, he let us know that not a single item on the menu was free of beef and/or pork :(

just wondering what the phrase/word is for "red pepper flakes" or "hot red pepper flakes"
something molido???

Magis said:
just wondering what the phrase/word is for "red pepper flakes" or "hot red pepper flakes"
something molido???

You're thinking aji molido. But you're going to be sorely disappointed if you buy that just about anywhere outside of china town and expect to get actual hot red pepper flakes. Frankly I think the tipico aji molido is made from bell peppers or something similarly NOT hot, but true red pepper flakes can be found in BC if you look around for them! I bought a giant bag a year ago and am halfway through.

kalley said:
I second the recommendation of Cocina Sunae. I had a fantastic meal there recently, and the chef does not hold back on the spice!
I suggest asking for spicy when booking. She told us she had to tone down the spice due to receiving more complaints from her Argie customers for being too hot than compliments for the good flavours. But she also said she was more than happy to add some proper spice on request.

Back