Spicy food in BA

Casa Mun said:
Hello all -- I have 2 spots available for Saturday, July 9 -- here is the menu: http://www.casamun.com/menu/

My Fiery Fish Tacos are garnished with “gochujang” sauce, cilantro relish, julienned cabbage, and jalapeño wasabi guacamole. They did, in fact, make an Argentine ask for "leche" to cool his mouth recently!

Have a great weekend!

An Argentine thought they were spicy? Hey, that's incr... um, hang on... that's not much of a boast at all.

I mean, it does look tasty and everything, don't get me wrong!

I'd second Gibraltar, the hot jungle beef is the real deal (most of the time). Although these days I tend to buy packages of Thai curry paste and coconut milk and make my own at home.

Gaucho Sam said:
An Argentine thought they were spicy? Hey, that's incr... um, hang on... that's not much of a boast at all.
Yep, that's why I recommended requesting "proper" spice when booking. The normal level is not spicy at all in real world terms.

Azema is my favorite restaurant at the moment, great variety from French, French-Vietnamese to Thai inspired. Something for everyone, good fresh flavours and spiced to demand. One of the only places I know where the Chef/owner comes to your table to discuss your requirements. And my eating companion got a much bigger and better portion of shrimps than he had expected. Thoroughly recommended!

Casa Mun said:
Hello all -- I have 2 spots available for Saturday, July 9 -- here is the menu: http://www.casamun.com/menu/

My Fiery Fish Tacos are garnished with “gochujang” sauce, cilantro relish, julienned cabbage, and jalapeño wasabi guacamole. They did, in fact, make an Argentine ask for "leche" to cool his mouth recently!

Have a great weekend!

My wife and I ate at Casa Mun a couple weeks ago and I can confirm that the Fiery Fish Tacos (and several of the other dishes) are genuinely spicy enough to be considered "spicy" to American palates. The whole experience there was great and the food is extremely delicious. We've been in BsAs for 3 months and this meal stands out more than any other we've had here.

I read on a couple of blogs about Ya Ya Bean's La Boca Roja hot sauce so I went down to San Telmo on Sunday and bought a bottle. It's not tongue-melting hot, but it has got some kick to it and it's quite tasty. Also, it's made with love. (Seriously. It's included in the list of ingredients.)

Speaking of spicy food, here's the newest addition to the "Home cookin'" blog:

Home Cookin': Seared Chicken with Creole Sauce & Maque Choux

IMG_7484.JPG

And the leftover creole sauce and maque choux used to create a chicken & corn creole:

IMG_7488.JPG

Mash on calle México for Indian food. San Telmo/Montserrat (depending on who you ask--no one can seem to agree which neighborhood starts where). Great food, no paying extra for rice or naan as both are included with the main courses, and you get a great starter plate of naan, yogurt and mint sauce, mango chutney and caramelized onions with ginger, if I remember correctly. The owner will make your food as spicy as you want, and even give you a little bowl of extra spiciness, just in case. I wish I had never wasted my time/money at places like Tandoor.

Back