Suggestions needed - what to bring to US

Stevied

Registered
Hi all,

One of our nieces is visiting us from BA - we live in NYC. She always brings us a few things from Argentina that we can’t get here, but usually these are sweets like alfajores/titas/bonafide,etc. Since we are already well stocked on those, does anyone have suggestions on what to bring -products you like that you can’t easily get in the US. Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi all,

One of our nieces is visiting us from BA - we live in NYC. She always brings us a few things from Argentina that we can’t get here, but usually these are sweets like alfajores/titas/bonafide,etc. Since we are already well stocked on those, does anyone have suggestions on what to bring -products you like that you can’t easily get in the US. Thanks for your suggestion.
If you have a favorite Chimi Churri you might request a few bottles be brought from Coto or Carrefour or wherever - easy to find there (everywhere), about impossible in the midwest (I can attest) and possibly NYC. Supermarkets in my area only carried some green-style versions which I tried and tossed as vinegary. Couldn't get what I wanted on Amazon either and I ended up ordering from Pampadirect.com. They had a Miami address so I assumed the products (alfajores for my wife, some candy, Chimi Churri etc.) would come from there. Not so much. Seven days (!) later a box arrives from Buenos Aires to my porch via FedEx - and this is a couple of months ago, so during the pandemic. Stickers and papers showed a route through Ezeiza to an airport in Chile I never heard of and another stop or two. Contents had been examined by customs and there was some disarray, but all was complete and in good order. Prices were a little less than I would have paid at Kroger or Amazon, and if I am remembering correctly about what I would have paid at Coto. Their website pretty much looked like a Coto minus the perishables. Shipping free if buying more than $50 U.S. I guess this is sounding like a review, so I'll give Pampasdirect five stars and maybe you can lighten the load on your niece.

Piatelli wine Reserva - The best wine of Southern Hemisphere.

You already mentioned alfajores, but you can never have too many Cachafaz Chocolate Negro and I've found the supply in Atlanta to be inconsistent (maybe they're always available in NYC).

River Plate jerseys, the real Adidas ones, not the knock offs. They're virtually impossible to find stateside. If you're not a fan, then you can flip them on eBay at a substantial markup.

If you cannot think of anything -- you probably don't need it. Enjoy the time with your nieces.
Okay fine, have them fill up those valijas with Malbec.

Back