television adapter

Koelma

Registered
Hi,
I have recently moved to Argentina and have brought a TV from Australia with me. I need an adapter to connect my tv to my apartments cable service. Can anyone recommend a place that would sell an adapter of this sort? I live in Quilmes.

Cheers!

Try mercadolibre.com. They have most of what's available, not really worth it to go hunting around and end up paying twice as much.

After bringing my TV down from the US and watching Cablevisión in black and white for a few months now, I decided to check around for this PAL-N to NTSC adaptor. All of the TV repair shops said that a converter costs about as much as a new TV, (they are indeed very expensive on mercadolibre.com) and the only other option is to get DirecTV service (Satellite TV).

I called Cablevisión today and on monday am picking up the necessary converter from them. Cost: $99 installation (or you can just do it yourself) + $15/month "mantenimiento".

Good luck!

I believe that what sam3g is refering to is "Cablevision Digital", digital cable.
Its a set top box that will give you a bigger channel grid and as a side effect, it also outputs a NTSC signal for your TV.

Back