The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

You have 22 years active duty within the special forces? Was this Army? Perhaps I mis-interpreted your comment, but I operated under very strict accountability rules of whom I engaged and when. That went the same for my colleagues on the ground in urban zones.

When do you get to decide who lives and who dies by your own discretion? I know firsthand that there were a lot of times the enemy got away and we were exposed because we couldn't verify that they were not civilians in the moment.

If you that much active duty time then we were probably in at the same time (unless you are over 60) and possibly in the same theater.

Silly John St, dont you know the US Military has very strict rules of engagement? Just ask the citizens of Fallujah, My Lai, al-Majalah, Cambodia, Laos, South Vietnam, Panama.... Or what's left of them.

Here is the thing:

You have two people from complete opposite ends of the political spectrum. Both with first hand experience with dictatorships. And both are telling you that you are now living under a dictator. This should scare the crap out of any American in here.
Based on our history with tyrants I would guess that we just don't scare easily. What does scare me is a population that has fallen repeatedly under the rule of the dictator. Kind of like Argentina. Beware of leaders that deliver 6 hour speeches.

You have them at Córdoba.
However, fue process works, a jury is not the only way you can enforce a due process.

The institutions works, what i do about citizenship evidence it.

Here, and probably by first time, i fully agree with Camberiu. US citizens are very naive.

Peron enacted an act for by passing due process in the fight against terrorism. We all know how did it finished.

In my opinión, there is a dictatorship of companies who rule the US. Nobody cares who is the President.
Bajo ...I did not say one system was any better than the other. In fact there are times that I think the jury was insane. But then I also know that it's very easy to buy a judge here in AR. Maybe all systems suck and it's time for a new paradigm.

Based on our history with tyrants I would guess that we just don't scare easily. What does scare me is a population that has fallen repeatedly under the rule of the dictator. Kind of like Argentina. Beware of leaders that deliver 6 hour speeches.

Actually you do scare very easily. That is the whole point. How do you think dictatorships came to be in Brazil or Argentina? The leaders scared the crap out of the population, passed laws limiting habeas corpus in the name of "national security" and lo and behold, ended up with a dictatorship on their hands. Americans are now falling for the same trick.

Actually you do scare very easily. That is the whole point. How do you think dictatorships came to be in Brazil or Argentina? The leaders scared the crap out of the population, passed laws limiting habeas corpus in the name of "national security" and lo and behold, ended up with a dictatorship on their hands. Americans are now falling for the same trick.
OK. Whatever you say. I'm scared.
Shall we move on before I pee my pants.

Back