The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

Nobody is claiming that Republicans have an idea that works either.

Repealing Obamacare is a great idea.

But it wont "work" while he is still President.

Meanwhile, refusing to fund Obamacare is a great idea, but it isn't going to happen.

Because the Republicans (who cling to office) are wimps.

And might as well be Democrats.

Guess I'd rather be in Argentina.

Repealing Obamacare is a great idea.

But it wont "work" while he is still President.

Meanwhile, refusing to fund Obamacare is a great idea, but it isn't going to happen.

Because the Republicans (who cling to office) are wimps.

And might as well be Democrats.

Guess I'd rather be in Argentina.

Anything that gets rid of Obamacare is a good idea. I mean a good idea to solve the healthcare problem. And as I've said it before, you need to deal with the system as a whole and it's flaws. Do something about pharmaceuticals and drug companies, something that makes sense. It's a free market and it's OK for them to make money, just not when their massive profits are causing so many problems and so much pain. They pay so much to lobbyists when that money could be used to help those without coverage (at least some of them) or it could be used to send generic HIV drugs to Africa.

Why? I don't have kids. Don't wanna have kids. Don't think people should have kids. Why should I foot the bill for people who want to have kids?

You seem to misunderstand how insurance, and for that matter, government, works.

For instance- I dont have a house that is burning down. Why should I foot the bill for a fire department?
I dont have Cholera- why should I foot the bill for a public health program?
I dont have diabetes, or cancer- why should I foot the bill for an insurance policy that covers them?
For that matter, I dont have a broken leg- why should I have to pay to cover something i dont have?
I dont believe in God- why should I give a tax break to churches? (in the USA- in places like Germany, the government actually collects taxes specifically for churches)

As for children- the generally accepted theory is that kids today will become workers, and taxpayers, tommorow. And, if they cant read, or have polio, they wont be able to foot the bill for MY retirement and old age health care.

We all benefit, either in Argentina, or in the USA, when kids are healthy and educated. And that means prenatal care, decent maternity wards, and education- and we all see our insurance dollars, and our tax dollars, go to those things, even when we dont have kids.

ALL THOSE THINGS are what Taxes are meant to be. NOT a government mandated private insurance plan. What's so hard to understand?

ALL THOSE THINGS are what Taxes are meant to be. NOT a government mandated private insurance plan. What's so hard to understand?

Go for healthcare insurance with a non-profit company or buy shares in your healthcare company.

The affordable healthcare act only exists because universal healthcare would have been outright rejected by the republicans and anything is better than what the previous situation was like with "pre-existing conditions" and all that shit.

Back