The Good Food in BA Thread

tangobob said:
The Michelin guide is from France, then that is not self praise, is it?

exactly, and the USA has restaurants listed in it.

So can you please tell us the places you decided to dine at during your visit to the USA? And do what most informed people do when they travel on vacation, check out some good places (online- chowhound.com or yelp.com) and don't just stop at the first place you see at the end of an exit ramp.

lay off the paco my friend. LA, SF, NYC, Chicago, Seattle, and Miami hold there own globally

When your ego bubble burts you'll see the cities you mention are not famous (outside the USA) for the food.

i know they teach you anti-americanism and revisionist history in the left-wing schools here, but the facts are the facts..

ohh, you poor poor poor thing...everyone hates you for being from the USA. All these evil ignorant Argentines hate you because they are just jealous at how succesfull you are!

Get a life! (and a psychologist)

malbec said:
When your ego bubble burts you'll see the cities you mention are not famous (outside the USA) for the food.

Dear lord, what an ignorant fool.

Stupidity seems to be ruining every thread on this site at this point. And how ridiculous is it that these Argentines spend so much time at this expat forum site? Can anyone imagine doing that back home? It's creepy.

SSR this site is open to everyone and Argentinians are most welcome to join us and contribute . What is creepy about them posting on this site I may ask?

I would like to apologise to Argentines reading this forum for the arrogance of some foreigners visiting your country and posting here. I, like many others, dont understand their motivation for travelling and living abroad if they can t appreciate differences and enrich themselves from them.:confused:

They were most probably already unhappy in their own country and brought their problems with them down here. The most difficult fight to win is the struggle against oneself.

The best food in the US is Thai, Mexican, Chinese and the food from the immigrant population. The same can be said of England, Netherlands and some parts of France. It is the immigration and integration of the spices in the culture along with the people. For better or worse, we are the immigrants in this situation with our exotic spices. It is not a matter of bashing Argentine food. It is about eating what we like and finding a way to merge the two.

As for the original question,

Lavender flan, at Angelinas on Charcas. (don’t know if it is still on the menu or not)

YohoYoho said:
The best food in the US is Thai, Mexican, Chinese and the food from the immigrant population. The same can be said of England, Netherlands and some parts of France. It is the immigration and integration of the spices in the culture along with the people. For better or worse, we are the immigrants in this situation with our exotic spices. It is not a matter of bashing Argentine food. It is about eating what we like and finding a way to merge the two.

I think this is the best point of the thread.

As for Malbec's suggestion that NYC is not famous for food outside of the US, I think that this is off base. NYC has more diverse ethnic neighborhoods than just about any metropolitan area in the world. Any type of food from Egyptian to Ethiopian to Laotian food can be found in NYC. And for those who prefer the five star restaurants NYC has that too. Money attracts the best chefs from around the world. I think it is pretty well agreed upon that NYC, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong reign supreme.

I'm a fan of the food here, can't beat the beef. However, it is lacking in diversity that is found in other large cities, such as those mentioned above.

YohoYoho said:

As for the original question,

Lavender flan, at Angelinas on Charcas. (don’t know if it is still on the menu or not)

Hands down the best food I had in Netherlands wasn't Dutch. And if you ever ate food from a febo machine you know what I mean!

Is there such a thing as "Dutch cuisine"?, anyway, the best food in Argentina is surely Italian

Croque Madame at Museo de Arte Decorativo (Libertador y Tagle or Bustamante):

BEST RISOTTO EVER. You can chose Saffron, Funghi, or Gamberi (Prawn). Not that expensive (40 pesos / person + drinks) and not formal at all. Try and get an outdoors table and enjoy the millieu.

Back