The Link Between Tx And Argentina

Assuming that we're comparing Argentina to Texas and not Buenos Aires to Austin, there are as many similarities between Argentina and California. Where is the Texas wine region? And the skiing?

Mediocre beaches? Hey, we have a match. Carilo is the Padre of South America.

Skiing, ok you win, NM is the closest. But wine: http://www.txwines.org/regions.asp (Fredericksburg/Hill Country has some pretty good vino).

Love this shirt! Getting one right...now...

Skiing, ok you win, NM is the closest. But wine: http://www.txwines.o...ericksburg/Hill Country has some pretty good vino).

TX Hill Country has some mediocre to average vino. The quality to price ratio is generally unacceptable compared to almost any other wine region of note, and a number of producers are sourcing grapes from California. Not to mention that so many are growing grapes that are completely unsuited to the climate.

No, I'm not from California - I'm a native Texan.

Rick Perry and Ted Cruz are fine examples of liberal minded Texas intelligentsia but these two cretins are even dumber than the Queen of Argentina. So it can't be a similarity in leadership. Maybe it's the number of empty beer bottles at the side of the road/street.

bueno my unsophisticated palate enjoys becker and pedernales, but I'd never compare Fredericksburg wines with Napa Valley obviously

I need to speak Spanish in Texas and Argentina to get my lawn cut, house painted, laundry, and to order food. Both places are absurdly in love with football/futbol - and whose teams are equally hated. And, there are no bigger egos North of the Panama canal than Texas nor South of the Panama Canal than Argentina.

I think we are onto something. :)

Assuming that we're comparing Argentina to Texas and not Buenos Aires to Austin, there are as many similarities between Argentina and California. Where is the Texas wine region?

Mediocre beaches? Hey, we have a match. Carilo is the Padre of South America.

http://www.texaswinetrail.com/

Where are Texas's subtropical rain forests? Where are its glaciers?

Where is Argentina's Flaco Jiménez? (OK, not fair, I like Chango Spasiuk). Still, Argentina lacks a Joe Ely, Robert Earl Keen, and Asleep at the Wheel.

No i m curious, néxt time i come to the US, i m going to spend a few days in Texas.

On the other side, i can assert that argentines like tex mex food.

When we've introduced Argentines to Tex-Mex food, they desperately consume all the liquids with reach because they can't handle recontrapicante.

Texas is one of the most free market oriented states in the union. The reason they are gaining so many jobs. It's the home of Objectivism whereas Argentina is the home of Statism. Opposites - at least from a political/economic perspective.

The direct flight from Houston to BA helps. Travel to and from Latin America is very accessible in general. I went to college in Houston and there were lots of study abroad options all over Argentina. It's not such a foreign place to us, either. I knew native porteños in college, there are Argentine restaurants and bakeries, tango schools, etc.

I'd certainly recommend a visit to the Shiner or St. Arnold's breweries over the wineries any day.

Texas is one of the most free market oriented states in the union. The reason they are gaining so many jobs. It's the home of Objectivism whereas Argentina is the home of Statism. Opposites - at least from a political/economic perspective.

It's also one of the most polluted states in the union, and votes for morons like Rick Perry and Ted Cruz.

Back