The quarantine is likely to be extended until July 12th

MilHojas

Registered

Realistically until completion of December christmas, Jan/feb/march holidays..to avoid movement of people.//so I believe the best case scenario es April, 2021
At this point in time, any future date is a possibility. First we need to get through the winter. That will occur with continued "modified" quarantine directives for the AMBA region. I doubt the quarantine will last beyond the end of 2020. At this time, I am navigating the situation with a flexible strategy geared towards getting through to December within a realistic personal scenario.

At this point in time, any future date is a possibility. First we need to get through the winter. That will occur with continued "modified" quarantine directives for the AMBA region. I doubt the quarantine will last beyond the end of 2020. At this time, I am navigating the situation with a flexible strategy geared towards getting through to December within a realistic personal scenario.
I believe Argentina will be amongst the last 3-4 countries in the off 195 countries in the world to end the quarantine.

There are tens of thousands of people working "en negro", or self-employed: cleaning people, carpenters, bricklayers, etc. If they don't work, they don't make any money. What are they going to live on? How long before they rebel?

I believe Argentina will be amongst the last 3-4 countries in the off 195 countries in the world to end the quarantine.

This thread May turn into a crystal ball competition.
After the end of the current quarantine. Will start the second Wave of contagions , like Beijing now under lockdown . And so forth a sequence of secondary waves of lesser magnitude coming from East to West .

Likely like in Colombia will have red flags waving in homes, or, constant cacerolazos, to denounce empty pots , no food..! Ollas comunes will be a necessity.

Drug breakthrough for treatment

Ok it seems everyday there is a new breakthrough or another, but this one reported by BBC appears to have more results to back it up which triggers my cautious optimism that we may be closer finding ways to live with.

Question for Argentina - if such a drug does work and reduces the mortality of the virus for enough people to make it similar to say influenza, would the government use it and be able to pay for it? Or better to make an excuse that a never ending quarantine is somehow better for us and the virus is an enemy that needs something else “just out of reach” to beat it...

There are tens hundreds of thousands of people working "en negro", or self-employed: cleaning people, carpenters, bricklayers, etc. If they don't work, they don't make any money. What are they going to live on? How long before they rebel?

They'll become planeros before rebelling. Mission accomplished.

In any case, only the well-organized Leftist movements can rebel, the other groups of people represent zero threat to the State.

Back