The quarantine is likely to be extended until July 12th

I wonder how long this government can keep the quarantine in place. With people not working, and stores not selling, and factories not producing, there will be no taxable income. Where is money for the plans coming from? The printing press? If so, how will they keep the dollar flattened?

There's a sort of sick fascination in watching this drama unfold. If only it weren't causing people so much pain and hardship....!!
We expats are on the outside looking in - can always pick up and leave - but Argentines have no way out. It is heartbreaking.

I wonder how long this government can keep the quarantine in place. With people not working, and stores not selling, and factories not producing, there will be no taxable income. Where is money for the plans coming from? The printing press? If so, how will they keep the dollar flattened?

There's a sort of sick fascination in watching this drama unfold. If only it weren't causing people so much pain and hardship....!!
We expats are on the outside looking in - can always pick up and leave - but Argentines have no way out. It is heartbreaking.

No sweat Super Maximo K for President 2023.. will come to the rescue..!

Sadly, I see no way out of this incredible mess. Unless all those idiots who believed in the "NEW" Alberto come to their senses and vote against the Ks in next year's mid term election. Let's keep in mind that 42% of the people voted against Cristina and her puppet.

Perhaps they now realize that there are worse things than Macri.

Finally Jerry you make sense a PAC ( Peso Argentino Convertible) A CUC currency like in the Castro's Kingdom Jurassic Park Island Well we are there we have several dollars the CUC or official Dollar rate and many other rates .

At the beginning of the quarantine I joked with friends that the way the situation is going here I'd probably end up qualifying for an Argentine passport before they end quarantine, no one's laughing now....

Finally Jerry you make sense a PAC ( Peso Argentino Convertible) A CUC currency like in the Castro's...

There's already here kind of a dual currency system. National Money (peso nacional) used for the food and basic stuff. And soon, everything imported will be sold in USD-CUCs-PACs and be out of reach for most Argentines. Mission accomplished.

The "NEW" Alberto is the one who apparently has great affection for CFK, the old Alberto was the one who said she was corrupt, destroyed the economy and wanted public office to escape prosecution.

I believe the "OLD" Alberto.
Politicians...one should not pay attention to what they say but at what they do. AF's ego was mesmerized by the Song of the Siren.

Back