The worst pizza in the world?

Quentin.Daniels said:
I have been to valenti in patio bulrich and didn't like it because of that reason(way to expensive and not that great selection)but i will get back to you with a better description and a name of the place this weekend after i go there:)

The selection isn't "out of this world" but it's much better than most places. Do send me the name when you find it... & see if you can remember the name of that pizza place!

For bread, you should try the French bakery: L'Epi & let me know what you think.

mini said:
The selection isn't "out of this world" but it's much better than most places. Do send me the name when you find it... & see if you can remember the name of that pizza place!
For bread, you should try the French bakery: L'Epi & let me know what you think.
Thanks, I wasn't able to zoom out on the map but i assume it is near los incas subte station? I will absolutely try it. Have you tried the cheese cake factory in belgrano?

citygirl said:
Steveinbsas - this is an open forum - anyone can post here. And I believe Sara has graciously explained her reasons before.

Back to the topic - does anyone know a place to buy artisan cheeses here? I'm really underwhelmed by the cheese selection and quality (the main reason I don't like the pizza) but I have to imagine there is some artisan cheese-making going on here. I would happily travel anywhere to get a decent selection of cheeses.

This place is really good and with great prices http://www.furmai.com.ar also contact http://www.quesosjuangrande.com they have the best cream cheese and it is sold at some stores in the city

Quentin.Daniels said:
Thanks, I wasn't able to zoom out on the map but i assume it is near los incas subte station? I will absolutely try it. Have you tried the cheese cake factory in belgrano?

B line, second to last stop, Torando (or something like that!). I've never actually been to the bakery but friends used to bring bread from there when they came for dinner (or we went to their house for dinner). A few restaurants that carry bread from L'Epi. It's quite good & fresh.

I'm dying to try the croissants & pain au chocolat... Hum... maybe I'll go tomorrow morning......

ETA: "have you tried the cheese cake factory in belgrano?"
Not yet! It's on the list!

This isnt a country, not just this city, but this isnt a country for good, quality food. And pizza and bakeries? I avoid both here. Their relatives must have forgotten how to cook on the ship journey over. If theres a way to cheapen the quality, cut corners or use artificial flavor, they do it.

Ok, I have to retract my recommendation for L'Epi....

I enjoyed my trek on the 93 bus out to L'Epi but came home with chewy bread & stale croissants.... How sad!

The good news: the pain au chocolat were yummy and the bread will make fantastic toast with butter tomorrow morning. It has that lovely slightly sour dough taste.

I'm officially giving up on baked goods. Bring on the beef!

mini said:

I enjoyed my trek on the 93 bus out to L'Epi but came home with chewy bread & stale croissants.... How sad!

The good news: the pain au chocolat were yummy and the bread will make fantastic toast with butter tomorrow morning. It has that lovely slightly sour dough taste.

This is another huge problem with food here in Argentina: consistency. I've been to plenty of restaurants here that will impress me the first time I go (and maybe one or two times after that) but then I'll go back to a place I thought I could count on and it will just suck balls; lousy food, lousy service, just another disappointing Argy dining experience. It's gotten to the point where even if I like a restaurant I just expect it to fall apart at some point so I keep my expectations as low as possible every time I go. But, I suppose that's true of more than just restaurants here in Argentina.

ssr said:
This is another huge problem with food here in Argentina: consistency. I've been to plenty of restaurants here that will impress me the first time I go (and maybe one or two times after that) but then I'll go back to a place I thought I could count on and it will just suck balls; lousy food, lousy service, just another disappointing Argy dining experience. It's gotten to the point where even if I like a restaurant I just expect it to fall apart at some point so I keep my expectations as low as possible every time I go. But, I suppose that's true of more than just restaurants here in Argentina.

The only thing consistent is the inconsistency! :D

I agree with you & it makes me not want to give any recommendations. By the time you go it might not be good, they could be having a bad day, or they are out of the best dish, etc....

mini said:

I'm officially giving up on baked goods. Bring on the beef!
Hi Mini, thanks for checking that out, I understand the bread and croissants where stale but do you think that when they where fresh they where better than in all the other bakeries? like maybe they know how to make bread they just don't bake it fresh everyday?

If the food is that bad everywhere in Argentina...why not opening a restaurant and show those brutos argentinos what is good food and how to prepare it consistently?
After all, if the food is that much better than that found at local restaurants, the business will be a gold mine.

Back