The worst pizza in the world?

Ries said:
The salary of locals is irrelevant to world commodity prices.
Because of argentine take home salary, should gas only be one peso per liter?
Or stainless steel cost a mere 2 pesos a kilogram?

Your complete and total disregard for logic is a wonder to behold!

Well done! Gold star!

Those images on this page and last were so delicious looking that I had to stop looking so that I wouldn't get angry. My god that stuff wouldn't last 5 minutes in my apartment. (Especially with my English roommate who would inhale the entire pie if I left the room. And she's only 5' tall.)

Napoleon said:
Those images on this page and last were so delicious looking that I had to stop looking so that I wouldn't get angry. My god that stuff wouldn't last 5 minutes in my apartment. (Especially with my English roommate who would inhale the entire pie if I left the room. And she's only 5' tall.)

Hah!

Yeah, I read through this page one day and was ready to hop on a plane that night, no matter what the cost, just to get the hell out of Argentina and get some good pizza:

http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

Be careful... :)

marksoc said:
Those photos are disgusting. If this is what people in this forum is defending... So you don't like mozzarella. Ok. We do.

I love mozzarella but the mozzarella here is over cooked. It's rubbery. Sorry. This is not good mozzarella.

Ries said:
I dont care what all you whiners say- I like good argentine pizza, just as I like good US pizza, good italian pizza, and good pizza anywhere.
and most of the crap they call pizza in the USA is made from ingredients that are not even food. They cant legally call it "cheese"- its called "cheese product", and the tomato sauce is half corn syrup, at most fast food pizza places. The grease pools on top, the pepperoni is half salt and the other half nitrites, with a whisp of pig from one that walked by.

And I dont pay anywhere NEAR 50 pesos for a pizza at most places.
I am sure, if you try, you could probably find a 50 peso choripan, too...

I have said it before, and I will say it again- if you eat locally, anywhere on earth, you can find good things to eat, even pizza. If you insist on replicating the tastes of another country and culture, you will be setting yourself up for a complaining failure- which, I suppose, some people enjoy.

First off, I'm not a whiner because I don't like the pizza here.... The problem is exactly the problem you describe. Good quality ingredients. With out good quality cheese the whole thing goes down the drain. & talk about corn syrup. What do you think is in the tomatoes here??? Yup! You got it, lots & lots of sugar or fructose syrup.

Having said that not ALL the pizza here is terrible. There are some good pizzas. But considering how many places sell pizza the % of good to bad is heavily weighted towards the bad. Again, it's mostly a problem with the cheese.

So, I guess this thread should be called "the worst cheese"... LOL. Joking!

Alzinho said:
Oh.My.Dog!

I don't even eat/like pizza very much.....but those look bloody amazing!

Yep. And, actually, it might save us all a lot of time (and, for some, embarrassment) if everyone just read that page and learned a bit about what it takes to make a good pizza. And, as I wrote earlier on this thread, and as the author of that page acknowledges, it's perfectly cool to like eating crappy things from time to time. If you happen to like crappy Argy pizza, eat up! There's plenty of it! But, boy, it's crappy.

Okay okay everyone needs to smimmah down.

Been a NY'er for 32 years and yes, some of the pizza is good - maybe b/c of the water.
I've had pizza, in one form or another, pretty much everywhere I have been (even India- long story) and honestly, it's just bread, cheese, herbs and sauce.
Its funny how some people take it so personally.
I actually like the Argentine pizza - some kinds better than others - and don't see anything wrong with it. Its different, thats all. It's a cultural thing to add a lot of cheese and have the crust a bit thicker.

NYKate said:
Okay okay everyone needs to smimmah down.

Been a NY'er for 32 years and yes, some of the pizza is good - maybe b/c of the water.
I've had pizza, in one form or another, pretty much everywhere I have been (even India- long story) and honestly, it's just bread, cheese, herbs and sauce.
Its funny how some people take it so personally.
I actually like the Argentine pizza - some kinds better than others - and don't see anything wrong with it. Its different, thats all. It's a cultural thing to add a lot of cheese and have the crust a bit thicker.

Oh, NYKate, bless your heart. But you're wrong, so wrong. RTDP!:

http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

I completely agree that the pizza here sucks. I've been here for almost 6 years and I have only had two really good (but not great) pizzas in Buenos Aires.

If you go somewhere for a reasonably priced pizza, 90% of the time you get pre-pizza (store-bought crust) that tastes like cardboard. The other thing is that they use very little sauce, which is my biggest complaint. C'mon people - the secret is in the sauce!

IMHO, Pizza Hut's pizza is twenty times better than what's served here - and that is pretty sad to say.

Back