Thieves In Starbucks- Av. De Mayo

I spent a lot of time on that stretch of Mayo the first two weeks I was here. I had no problems, nor did I see anyone robbed. But I was observing practical precautions, (no watch, no phone, no laptop, no bags), due in large part to the warnings I was given here on these fora, thank you all very much.

What I did see was cops everywhere.

I spent a lot of time on that stretch of Mayo the first two weeks I was here. I had no problems, nor did I see anyone robbed. But I was observing practical precautions, (no watch, no phone, no laptop, no bags), due in large part to the warnings I was given here on these fora, thank you all very much.

What I did see was cops everywhere.

I agree on the "cops everywhere", however people still getting robbed left and right. I've lived here for 4 years and counting, and when I moved here just a few years ago it wasn't like this. Things are getting bad. It's really unfortunate. What should be a huge draw for this city in terms of culture, history and tourism has become a place people need closely watch their backs.

Well, OK, the main thrust of what I wanted to say was, thanks for helping me avoid problems by warning me :)

I am not a Starbucks fan but why is the brand mentioned in this incident and the particular branch on Av. De Mayo. Wallets , bags,cell phones, tablets etc keep disappearing from popular venues all over the world . As long it was a harmless robbery,which could be the result of the owners negligence , names shouldn't be mentioned.
It's entirely relevant that it's a Starbucks; it could even have been a Mac Donald's, a Little Chef or a Wimpy.

Reactions: Joe
It's entirely relevant that it's a Starbucks; it could even have been a Mac Donald's, a Little Chef or a Wimpy.

Or McDonalds. I was so disgusted to note that there are no less than FOUR Mickey D's at the Recoleta Mall, (I was only there to see that BAFICI film directed by Montauk)

But of course there are no thieves at Nac y Pop :)

But Nac y Pop is also a commercial chain. Just not on the same scale as Starbucks.

It wasn't an anti-Starbucks post, just a heads-up to watch out if you're in that branch of Starbucks!
I think it would be a nice idea to create an updated list of current hot-spots.
It was a non-violent bag-snatch, btw.

Back