This is just not right! Cristina to turn foreign pensions into pesos!

syngirl said:
We don't need to wait a year -- a recession is defined as a contraction in the economy that lasts 2 consecutive quarters. Even INDEC is conceding that various industries (construction, manufacturing) are seeing slowdowns since May. Torcuato di Tella analysts are already saying possibility of recession within next 6 mos as 99%. In 18 mos we`ll probably be entering a depression if CFK continues with these import/export restrictions.

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2012/07/13/argentina-the-cost-of-being-truthful/#ixzz20bnrKJX1

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/11/us-argentina-economy-data-idUSBRE86A1CU20120711

Yes, but they are assuming the CFK is De la Rua and she might be many things but not a vegetable.

So, we have to wait and see if the anticiclicas measures work out or not.
Regards

db887 said:
There is always a possibility to redirect payments for deposit into a US based bank account.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned:

But this issue affects people who used the pension residency program that allows residency to foreignors whom receive a pension/retirement that amounts to a certain amount. I believe it is around $2,600 USD.

I for one planned on this for my residency and actually returned the US recently to complete my retirement. This makes it null and void and I will not be doing so. Guess i'll become very acquanted with Colonia del Sacramento every 3 months. :)

- Logan

This method of violence is one of the very few strategies women have in Argentina to fight back against their oppressors. Argentina is like the USA in the 1950's in terms of sex-role stereotyping and misogyny. It is widely considered acceptable behavior for men in Argentina to verbally and emotionally (and some time physically) abuse their wives; to have at least one mistress; to attempt to have sex with any other woman that he sees; to have children with multiple women; to visit brothels regularly; to provide little help in the maintenance of the household; to never share in cooking or cleaning; to expect that all women physically resemble swimsuit models; etc. Not only are these types of behavior considered acceptable, Argentine men feel so comfortable about doing these types of things that they frequently boast about such thing in front of other women. Add all this personal abuse with the chauvinist society in general where women are very clearly informed of their subordinate place in society, and this country is a tinderbox of frustration, depression, and rage amongst women with very few viable constructive outlets.

Of course, physical assault with fire is a terrible act and not to be promoted. Some recipients are completely undeserving, while others are vastly over-deserving.

By the way, the same situation goes in Brasil. It seems pretty ironic that Argentina, Brasil, and Chile have/had female leaders while many of the more progressive (in terms of gender equality) nations of the world have not.

KarlaBa has no credibility after this post advocating burning men .

KarlaBA said:
Get back to work. Your time here at Google just got shorter.

And you have no credibility on this site after your famous post a month ago about burning men

To refresh the memory of some .

Post by KarlaBa
This method of violence is one of the very few strategies women have in Argentina to fight back against their oppressors. Argentina is like the USA in the 1950's in terms of sex-role stereotyping and misogyny. It is widely considered acceptable behavior for men in Argentina to verbally and emotionally (and some time physically) abuse their wives; to have at least one mistress; to attempt to have sex with any other woman that he sees; to have children with multiple women; to visit brothels regularly; to provide little help in the maintenance of the household; to never share in cooking or cleaning; to expect that all women physically resemble swimsuit models; etc. Not only are these types of behavior considered acceptable, Argentine men feel so comfortable about doing these types of things that they frequently boast about such thing in front of other women. Add all this personal abuse with the chauvinist society in general where women are very clearly informed of their subordinate place in society, and this country is a tinderbox of frustration, depression, and rage amongst women with very few viable constructive outlets.

Of course, physical assault with fire is a terrible act and not to be promoted. Some recipients are completely undeserving, while others are vastly over-deserving.

By the way, the same situation goes in Brasil. It seems pretty ironic that Argentina, Brasil, and Chile have/had female leaders while many of the more progressive (in terms of gender equality) nations of the world have not.

camberiu said:
I am not so sure. I find it odd ....

If she does work with you and does indeed get you fired because you post a few times a day on a forum (big deal), then I'd consider it a blessing in disguise.

bradlyhale said:
If she does work with you and does indeed get you fired because you post a few times a day on a forum (big deal), then I'd consider it a blessing in disguise.

I am not too concerned. But in the case she is a co-worker, I am sure HR would love to hear about the posts she writes here during work hours about how chauvinistic, abusive and barbaric Argentinian men are in general, and how they deserve to be burned alive.

have a friend in Valencia Espania who is going nuts about this. Its totaly out of order.
She is close to retirement and Cristina is turnning her pension into almost worthless toilet paper. Despite decades of hard work.

KarlaBA said:
Don't you understand that inflation is a wealth transfer system from the creditors to the debtors? That is all it is. It has some inconveniences on a daily basis, but basically that is all it is.

transferring wealth from creditor to debtor would depend on whether or not your debt is denominated in your own currency. then printing your way would be the way to go, what the states is doing right now and will continue to do. you are wrong however by your statement that it causes nothing more than some inconveniences. it is stealing plain and simple. it punishes savers and destroys a person's standard of living. that's all it is. really, that's all it is.

camberiu said:
I am not too concerned. But in the case she is a co-worker, I am sure HR would love to hear about the posts she writes here during work hours about how chauvinistic, abusive and barbaric Argentinian men are in general, and how they deserve to be burned alive.

ya i really wouldn't worry about her at all. as raymond said, this person has zero credibility and should be taken with a grian of salt.

Back