Thousands of Argentines, with terror of being expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I told you I have zero interest in becoming a legal resident in Argentina.

qwerty said:
I have zero interest in paying taxes in Argentina(other then IVA), I would leave for Uruguay if I ever find the need to leave my home country for tax reasons
Anybody should care whether you are interested in paying such taxes or not? Are you for tax evasion and breaking or bending the law?

qwerty said:
First if your leave every 90 days your not illegal. If they are not satisfied I ll go somewhere else where I am welcomed with my 30.000 dollar a year

AlexfromLA said:
lol @ 30,000 a year

that was joke right ?

Probably as real as his "friend" in Europe with the Peruvian wife...(among others).

citygirl said:
I've read this law - can you point out where it says the maximum stay in Argentina per year (calendar or otherwise) is 180 days? I'm really not being contentious - I just can't find it.

I havent seen the 180 days either, i was at immigration last week and got info on both rentista and tourist (incase the required rentista stuff isnt here in time), and there was nothing about 180 days, only that tourist visa has to be renewed before old visa expires and it costs 300 pesos and is valid for 90 days.

ssr said:
I can't imagine the stress of worrying that my family and I are going to be deported back to Latin America after setting up a life and earning a good income in the US. Yes, they broke the law and there should be consequences, but it has to be a terrible feeling nonetheless.
Totally agree:
The hypocrisy in this debate (illegal aliens in the USA) is the merchants, corporations and corporate farms that employ illegal residents walk away clean with minor fines and get to continue on with business as usual. When the worker is busted, they loose everything (terror). The responsibility and accountability rest with the people that hire these people. In my mind, as sick as it is, is the root of the problem. When the employers start doing hard time (felony) for employing illegal aliens, we can get on with correcting the issue. Until then, this is all a bunch of political BS at the expense of the poor ass souls that are just trying to get ahead. Employing illegal residents is nothing more than a form of slavery

davonz said:
I havent seen the 180 days either, i was at immigration last week and got info on both rentista and tourist (incase the required rentista stuff isnt here in time), and there was nothing about 180 days, only that tourist visa has to be renewed before old visa expires and it costs 300 pesos and is valid for 90 days.

I have the impression that a tourist visa can be extended only once in a given year for 90 days at migraciones. You can leave the country at the end of the extension and return with a new tourist visa good for 90 days, but that visa may not be extended at migraciones.

dennisr said:
Totally agree:
The hypocrisy in this debate (illegal aliens in the USA) is the merchants, corporations and corporate farms that employ illegal residents walk away clean with minor fines and get to continue on with business as usual. When the worker is busted, they loose everything (terror). The responsibility and accountability rest with the people that hire these people. In my mind, as sick as it is, is the root of the problem. When the employers start doing hard time (felony) for employing illegal aliens, we can get on with correcting the issue. Until then, this is all a bunch of political BS at the expense of the poor ass souls that are just trying to get ahead. Employing illegal residents is nothing more than a form of slavery

You are not responible for someone else´s actions but for the actions of your own. If you want to go the US as an illegal alien, deal with it and they knew before it would be rough.

So there is no 180 day law? One of these days, I'll get my answer to this.

And back to the illegal immigrants in the US - what I find interesting and no one ever talks about is that the vast majority of illegal immigrants in the US pay into programs like Soc Security & Medicare and will never be able to access those funds. If there is a crack-down, it would be interesting to see what happens to some of these programs if those pay-ins go away.

nikad said:
Anybody should care whether you are interested in paying such taxes or not? Are you for tax evasion and breaking or bending the law?

There is no chance in hell it can be pulled off. You pay taxes where your residence is and in the case of a perm-tourist not Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back