Tipping The Delivery Guy - What Is A Good Amount?

i'm from texas. i'll wear shorts here if it's 15-16 out..i don't care what looks i get :)

"Yanqui men are the only men, moving in shorts in CABA ; And speaking Spanish in the worst possible accent".

Not true any more. I see Argentine men of all ages in shorts these days. Never used to be true but it is now. When I came here suits and ties were very common. Nowadays I even see some Argentines in baseball caps. As for the "worst possible accent", that really depends. I've met some Americans who are very proficient in Spanish. If the American is making an effort to speak Spanish he surely deserves some credit.

...and, speaking of bad Spanish accents, ever heard the English say "Managua Nicaragua"?

Don't feel insulted, the word "yanqui" here is never meant to be an insult or offense.

I have been here for over twenty years and I have NEVER heard the word used endearingly or in any positive way. It's always in a snide and sarcastic way. It is so ingrained here that people are not even aware of how offensive it is.

10% is reasonable....seems some here came to cheap Argentina which is no longer so cheap.. perhaps you will be heading back home again. the cheap ones here have yet to post their picture...
a rule should be to post pictures of the people replying or posting here

10% is considered GOOD by Argentines. The tipping culture is American. If US restaurant employees were paid decent wages it wouldn't be necessary. Not only do US restaurants pay less than minimum wage to documented people, they fill their kitchens with undocumented workers whom they pay far less than minimum wage with no tips and no benefits. The INS looks the other way. Hypocrisy.

Back